PF44, PF52, PF59, Which are interchangeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1995 Impala SS calls for a PF52. My 2001 Sierra with the 6.0 motor calls for a PF59. Just got a new 2003 Chevrolet SSR with a 5.3 aluminum block, aluminum heads. It calls for PF44. I found some of the "good" UPF Ultraguard Gold filters in the UPF44. Chevrolet dealer thinks he has located some UPF Ultraguard Gold UPF59's. No UPF52's can be found. Are some of these 3 filter #'s interchangeable? Can I run the UPF44's on the Impala(it has the factory LT1 5.7) or the C3 with the 6.0 motor? I like what I read and hear about the UPF filters and would like to run the UPF44(I have a bigger stash of these) on all 3 of these vehicles if possible.

My 2003 Light Duty AC Delco Filter Catalog doesn't show any UPF oil filters. Not to say they don't exist, just that they are not listed.

PF 44 3.35 high, 2.97 OD, 13/16-16 thread
PF 52 4.96 high, 2.97 OD, M18x1.5 thread
PF 59 4.45 hogh, 2.99 OD, 13/16-16 thread

Now if this new book only gave the gasket dimensions like the old one that is in cold storage.....
confused.gif

My understanding is that the UPF 52s are still being made. The dealer I go to seems able to get an unlimited supply, or at least he could a month ago when I was there last.

Terry

cool.gif
This was in another thread around here also. My wife's car takes a PF-44, I looked at the PF-52 but I could see the thread size was different. Thanks for the specs!
cheers.gif

Thanks everyone for all the info. 9c1 your specs., dimensions, and thread size was really helpful. Thanks again. Ain't the internet great!(except for Spam).

Glad to help, but I am frustrated at the new book that is not as good as the old book. Oh well, guess that's why I have a library of old books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back