Fuel Rewards Network/Pennzoil "deal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an email today from Pennzoil saying I could sign up for the FRN and get 10 cents off per gallon of fuel using a code they provided.
Tried to sign up and it said the code had already been used?
Surely Pennzoil didn't send the same one use code to thousands of us?
My code was 10266A543C397

My code is C2C617D1878C6. Use it without problem, currently I have a whooping 10C/gallon in my FRN account.

Bought one 5-qt jug PP, used instant rebate coupon on the jug, got $6 off from $24.97. If $10 Fall rebate and FRN 50C/gallon rebate came then the cost is virtually zero.

Vstrom, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have ran into while trying to redeem your FRN code. We’ll be sending you direct message shortly with details on how to redeem your code. If anyone else is experiencing difficulty, please let us know!

–The Pennzoil Team

Sent mine in yesterday; filled out the form and uploaded a scanned copy of my receipt

We'll see how it goes.

Excellent customer service Suzanne, just what I'd expect from SOPUS/Pennzoil.

Originally Posted By: SuzanneClerkin
Vstrom, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have ran into while trying to redeem your FRN code. We’ll be sending you direct message shortly with details on how to redeem your code. If anyone else is experiencing difficulty, please let us know!

–The Pennzoil Team

Suzanne,

I bought 5 5-quart jugs of Quaker State Ultimate Durability. 2 didn't have codes under the cap, the other 3 codes give the following message "The FRN Rewards Code you provided is not valid. Please confirm you entered the code correctly". I already submitted my receipt for the missing codes a while back and contacted both the Shell rebate line and the FRN support line several times; neither have been able to resolve nor have I heard anything back from them. I'm also planning on buying some Pennzoil Platinum, but in the holding pattern till the bugs are fixed. So if you are able to help resolve, that would be awesome. Thanks

Hi Modularv8, Sorry you are experiencing trouble redeeming your FRN codes. We’ll be sending you a private message with some helpful information on redeeming your codes. –The Shell Team

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Picked up a 5-quart jug of PP today at Wal-Mart, and the thing keeps telling me my code is invalid.

Seems to me that it should read F8OB9 EBD:1.6

But that's not working. What am I missing here?

Hi TomB985, Sorry you’re having trouble redeeming your FRN code. Each FRN code is only 10 total characters long. There are 5 characters on the top row, and 5 on the bottom. If you see a period (.) or other symbol – do not put that in. Try re-entering the following code: F80B9 EBD16. Let us know if you continue to experience an issue. – The Pennzoil Team

Hi TomB985, Sorry you are still experiencing trouble redeeming your FRN code. We’ll be sending you a private message with some helpful information on redeeming your code. –The Pennzoil Team

Originally Posted By: TomB985

Now it's saying that it's already been used. Who do I need to contact about this?

LOL, someone used your code after you posted it. That wasn't very friendly.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: TomB985

Now it's saying that it's already been used. Who do I need to contact about this?

LOL, someone used your code after you posted it. That wasn't very friendly.

Yeah, I sort of figured. Thieving dirtbags. Suzanne took care of it though.
smile.gif

There are many Shell stations in So Cal, especially in Orange County, but only few stations participate with FRN. The closest Shell station in the FRN is about 15 miles away, the cost of 30 miles round trip is way more than the amount can be saved with FRN. Unless more Shell stations are participate with FRN, I will not be able to take advantage of it.

I have the opposite problem - couldn't find any FRN shell stations when filling up on a camping trip last weekend, but have a couple available locally.

Well it happened again! Today I get an email from Pennzoil offering 10 cents a gallon using the provided code. Once again when I entered the code I was informed it had already been used.
Went to FRN's site to fill out the contact form about it and a message pops up stating they have a general error and the form can't be submitted. Tried several times.
Last Saturday I was at a participating Shell station and it would not accept my FRN card, kept thinking it was a credit card, asking for my zip code then telling me it was invalid for payment...well DUH! Just trying to get my discount.
This FRN thing is quickly becoming a joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back