AutoRx in 93 and 99 Taurus Autos - Now I Believe :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had AutoRx in the tranny of a 93 Taurus (with a bit over 200k miles on the car) for 600 miles now, and in the tranny of a 99 Taurus (with a almost 100k miles on the car) for 800 miles now, and the so far the stuff is working well, very well. Shudder is pretty much gone in the 99, is almost gone in the 93, and the shisfts on both cars is more definate and crisp. The 99 had a noticeable clunk during what I think is called 'coast down', when slowing down to stop, and it seems like it might be getting cured as I don't notice it as much at all. It'll be interesting to see how they do with new fluid.

Anyway, it works so well that I'll consider adding some at the last 1000 miles before each fluid change.

I had similar results in my '96 SS at 80k. 20k later, it's still shifting like new.

I feel that the biggest killer of sanely driven slushboxes is probably contamination blocking fluid passages. AutoRx clears it out, gently.

quote:

Now I Believe :^)

Ah ..another man of faith ;^)!
cheers.gif

Another observation on the 99 Taurus.... It was getting kind of lethargic, just not as spunky as it once was. I changed the plugs, which helped at highway speeds, the air filter, PCV valve, etc., some of the usual suspects, but it still wasn't running like it use to. I started looking around for an ODBII code reader as the dealer wants $130 just to hook it up to the tester. But after putting in the AutoRx it started running like it use to. Even my wife noticed it, as she drives the car and had been complaining about the lack of spunk.

It didn't make sense, that cleaning the tranny would give the impression of more power. Perhaps the torque converter cltuch is engaging and releasing as intended ? Perhaps it was slipping a lot ?

If I use Auto-RX in my A/T is it necessary to power flush it so that none remains when I change the fluid? I normal change my fluid by dropping the pan and changing the filter. I know that some fluid remains in the TC and I want to know if the small residual amount of Auto-RX left inside the tranny would be problematic.

I'm not going to tell you not to flush it, but I have my reasons for not doing so myself and my tranny is still going. A "double change" will likely get just as much "gunk" out, and is cheaper and easier. Also, whatever you do change the filter, don't fall for T-tec's rubbish.

-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back