Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using it for a couple of months. Car seems to run smoother. I figure it can't hurt.

I still do the techron every 2 months.

2002 VW Passat, W8 engine

I ran a small bottle through my 4 cyl engine and it seemed a bit smoother as well. I broke down and on impulse grabbed a 32oz bottle, hope it does even better
smile.gif

I am currently using it in all of my engines. It really cleaned out my primary car engine that had higher mileage from the previous owners. It runs much better than before I think due to the improved quality of the spray from the injectors. The piston crowns tried to go bare on me, so I cut the dosage back to 1:600. I highly recommend it for slow cleaning, and the injectors are also quieter.

I will always use something like it in my engines from here on out. I wish I had started using it many years ago, like when I started successfully using synthetic oils and synthetic blends. The disappearance of the dead clear Amoco Premium Ultimate was also a real shame for topside cleanliness.

ive beeen using lucas for about 6 months now, in my 95 neon. car runs TERRIFIC with it! it lubes the upper cylinders, and maintains cleanliness. i remember reading and article here, some guy claimed it was cleaning the carbon deposits off his piston tops! he removed his valve cover, assembly, to verify. i wouldnt use thier oil treatments though, nothin should be mixed with oil other than auto rx or LC 20. PF 60 is very interesting stuff too, but dosnt seem to lube as well as lucas. Lucas gas treatment is VERY good stuff! but use only as directed, once i put an oz. or 2 too much, and my pistons were revving faster than the car moved, lol. anther tank of gas flushed it out.

Im doing a study with it on fuel economy right now. When I finish I will post. The more data the better right?
smile.gif

Yep I know surfstar - Im just doing a backup study against yours over here on the east coast
smile.gif

Why not right?
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Dominic:
The more data the better right?
smile.gif

Right on, of course.
cheers.gif

'mo betta fo' sure.

I found the hardest part was waiting to post until I found I had enough data for each of the variables tested. Takes a while when you fill up once a week or so.

Well this summer Im doing a nice trip across the US. Highway miles are the most predictable, and I'll easily be able to figure out if its worth a darn
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back