Milky Color Under Oil Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I actually clicked the topic and saw the actual picture, I was thinking OH, NO! Head gasket failure! Milk shake of death!

But then I saw it and it's a short tripping winter condition. Wipe it off and change your oil. Have a highway gumball rally without getting pulled over every once in a while and you should be fine. Good luck!

My saturn oil cap looks like that all winter!
I do a lot of short trips with the car (3.5 miles to work).
If I do an hour on the interstate it will be gone, but in a couple days it will come right back.
Nothing to really be concerned about, as long as it looks good on the dipstick. If it looks like a milkshake on the dipstick, you have issues!

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
What oil are they using? If it were a different age and miles, would bad HG be suspect?

If the head gasket has failed the oil itself would have creamy streaks in it, it would be steaming from the exhaust and using coolant. Florida has very high humidity but can get big temperature swings at night, but this car should be taken to the dealer because it's worse than anything I saw working in Florida and I suspect something might be wrong with the CCV or air filter system. I did see an K&N installed too low once that got water into it when driving through puddles and that creamed the oil.

Jeep 4.7 have oil filler neck and that is the coldest spot. PCV is ported off the neck so the bottom of the cap has foamy oil snot on it. Of course peopel never change the pcv valve so that doesnt help.

Originally Posted By: casper
Extremely common, especially for vw

Yeah, my daughters 2.0 beetle does that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back