Duracell Battery from Sam's club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's 07 Forenza failed to start up twice on what I believe to be stock AC Delco 7 year battery group size 86.She was shopping at Sam's and had one installed with 3 years free replacement no prorated warranty for $72,Not bad.Sticker says made by EAST PENN.
20130105160337669.jpg

MADE IN USA
wink.gif

Last edited:
All battery companies are going to flat warranties,no Pro Rates,however the warranty does not start over again at warranty time.If its 3 year free,if it goes 35 months,you get a new battery and if that one lasts the 1 month you are out of luck doing it again for free.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
All battery companies are going to flat warranties,no Pro Rates,however the warranty does not start over again at warranty time.If its 3 year free,if it goes 35 months,you get a new battery and if that one lasts the 1 month you are out of luck doing it again for free.

Correct.the WM Everstart by JCI with 2 yrs free replacement $79. and AAP Autocraft gold was $95 after $40 discount coupon with 3 yrs free replacement and 7 yrs prorated.AC Delco was over $179 in O'reily's.

Don't know about the reliability of EAST PENN. yet but it seems pretty decent so far .

Azeem, thanks for the reminder that Sam's sells batteries. Costco and Walmart didn't have the battery available for my girlfriend's Sonata and I just looked online and Sam's does. At a much lower price to boot. Except instead of Duracell ours has Energizer.

Originally Posted By: JavierG
Azeem, thanks for the reminder that Sam's sells batteries. Costco and Walmart didn't have the battery available for my girlfriend's Sonata and I just looked online and Sam's does. At a much lower price to boot. Except instead of Duracell ours has Energizer.

You welcome brother.Any heads up who makes your Energizer?

Do you have to buy a membership to shop at Sam's?

Isnt it like $35?

So the $68 battery is really more expensive?

Wonder if it is better than the JCI walmart batteries... or the JCI Autocraft ones. I wonder if specs for mass and RC exist across lines/sub-brands.

East-Penn has a plant in Fleetwood, PA and sell their batteries under the "Deka" name.

The obviously make batteries for other Brands(Duracell, etc).

You can purchase factory "second" batteries at the plant for approximately 1/2 price.

I purchased two batteries for $100.

So far, so good on the batteries.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Isnt it like $35?

Wonder if it is better than the JCI walmart batteries... or the JCI Autocraft ones. I wonder if specs for mass and RC exist across lines/sub-brands.

Yes you have to have paid annual membership which we already have.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Isnt it like $35?

Right, not suggesting one goes there, buys a membership just for a battery. I shop there at least once a month for a variety of things, tires and batteries included.

They may let you shop without the card for 5% over the listed price. Or maybe you have to have a coupon for a trial membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back