Just started Auto-Rx, what can I expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started my Auto Rx treatment on a 2000 Trooper. The engine has 65k on it and was becoming one of the infamous 60k oil burners. It had used around 1 qt per 1k, then began to get worse around the 60k mark. I emailed Frank and he said to do the 100k treatment on this engine. The common wisdom is that the rings and EGR get gunked up and I hope the Rx will clean it out. Anyway I used Castrol GTX 10w-30 in with the Rx then promptly drove 60 miles to Charlotte at 75 mph both ways. The wife drives the vehicle
shocked.gif
so I only get it so often. Anyway (again) what might I expect during the cleaning phase?
Thanks!!!

Cleaning phase, not much difference, although on my van with over 100k it ran smoother after about 500 miles on ARX. If it's sludged up from the EGR, keep an eye on the rinse oil and maybe just run that for 2000 miles (and not 3000). The rinse oil will get dirtier than the ARX oil.

Thanks Johnny, I will do that, the EGR on these motors is a pain in the butt sometimes. By the way my wife is from Pittsburgh, actually the Mckeesport/White Oak area.

quote:

Originally posted by ncirish:
By the way my wife is from Pittsburgh, actually the Mckeesport/White Oak area.

Just like everybody else in the Carolinas and Florida.
lol.gif
If I'm the last one out, I'll get the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back