What's in your wallet sunroof drain

They mine gravel nearby - so a windshield is just a matter of time …
Used to love a sunroof - no mechanical issues - just closed 95% of the time and not as good of a roof - so we moved on …
And have freedom tops on the Jeep (and more) …

Reactions: GON
Compressed air, a little hot water, then another shot of air down the drain tubes a few times a year has kept ours clear. The drain tubes are easily accessible on the Chrysler though.
You gotta be careful with the compressed air, guys in my shop were sending so much air pressure it would blow the drain right off the sunroof water tray. Then the next visit required a headliner. 🤦🏻‍♂️

You gotta be careful with the compressed air, guys in my shop were sending so much air pressure it would blow the drain right off the sunroof water tray. Then the next visit required a headliner. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh yeah, I don’t hit it full blast, I might pull the trigger about 1/4 to 1/2 open, just enough to get a little air moving through it followed by some warm/hot water.
With that said, I’ve never thought about the drain coming off the tray, that’s a good point that you bring up.
It doesn’t take much to keep those drains clean if it’s done regularly. What I do is probably overkill, but it’s better than the alternative. 😉

Back