Best store brand battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autozone has a really good warranty on their Duralast batteries. All you need is your phone number and its good at any Autozone so if your traveling your covered.

I'm running and Interstate now that's two years old and still doing well. I only bought it because at the time my friend was a dealer and I got it at cost.

Originally Posted By: 2Fast4U
I was completely screwed by costco on a battery. It [censored] out after 2 years. I no longer had an active membership and costco REFUSED to replace it. I even had the receipt in hand. This probably was illegal in FL for costco to do. For this I have very bad taste for costco and enjoy shopping at samsclub much more.

That is one reason that I didn't buy a Costco battery. For the past 4-5 years, I've had a membership off and on. I wasn't sure if they'd honor an ex-member battery. Thanks for sharing, I won't buy a battery from them in the future.

I've had pretty good luck with Duralast Golds. It would be between one of those or a JCI battery from Wal-Mart just because you can find either store fairly easily.

Originally Posted By: InvalidUserID
Originally Posted By: 2Fast4U
I was completely screwed by costco on a battery. It [censored] out after 2 years. I no longer had an active membership and costco REFUSED to replace it. I even had the receipt in hand. This probably was illegal in FL for costco to do. For this I have very bad taste for costco and enjoy shopping at samsclub much more.

That is one reason that I didn't buy a Costco battery. For the past 4-5 years, I've had a membership off and on. I wasn't sure if they'd honor an ex-member battery. Thanks for sharing, I won't buy a battery from them in the future.

The money you save on a battery bought at Costco...would just about pay for a yearly membership. I paid $68 for a battery about a year ago, after checking AZ, OR's and other places where I had quotes from $109 to $129.

[/quote]
I've had pretty good luck with Duralast Golds. It would be between one of those or a JCI battery from Wal-Mart just because you can find either store fairly easily. [/quote]

The Sam's Club near me last year had JC batteries, got one for my truck. This year they are using Exide Batteries, I passed and went to AAP and got their gold battery, which is JC. With the on line discount coupon I paid basically the same as at Sam's Club last year. This was the same size battery but for the wife's Exploder, same engine.

Whimsey

I thought all members' store are similar in the sense unless you are current member you do not get warranty service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back