AutoRx has Updated Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the process of AutoRxing 4 of my vehicles and I just saw today there are new instructions on how to use it. The oil change intervals are different than what they were before (now 3000 miles treatment and 3000 miles cleaning) and they actually recommend certain oils (Shell Rotella T and Castrol GTX) for the cleaning phase. Well, they are the two important things "I" read.

Very Interesting...

I'm not sure how long ago you read the instruction but from what I remember, its been 3k for cleaning / rinse for quite sometime now.

I'm currently doing a cleaning cycle in my 98 Camry V6 along with PYB, which is also recommended by A-RX on their site.

I plan to run it longer then 3k miles to give the cleaner more time to do its thing.

I just bought some about a month ago and I got confused because it had 2500 miles in one place and I thought 1500 in another. I even have the 4 cars I'm doing on a spread sheet and i had added 2000 miles to each one for the treatment phase. Huh, I just saw the 3000 miles today. Maybe that's why I can't follow instructions.
wink.gif

I had also tried to pin them down on the best oil to use for the clean phase and they never got specific with me. I was tickled to see them actually recommending the 2 oils in my first post.

Originally Posted By: Artem
I'm not sure how long ago you read the instruction but from what I remember, its been 3k for cleaning / rinse for quite sometime now.

Yeah, hardly think that's news. What's different is that synthetic oil isn't condemned categorically like it once was. For synthetic the clean and rinse is extended to 4,000 miles. Still they aren't going to guarantee results if you do use synthetic. Oh and the guarantee has changed too, making it easier to get some of your money back if you're not satisfied.

Maybe they recommend using the oils that someone feels cleans best.
At least if the product doesn't work (i have never seen it do anything) these oils may clean well enough on their own and they have another cleaning success story they can post about but not because of that stuff.
Rotella is a good cleaner in its own right.
They change instructions more than most people change socks for petes sake.

Come on, it works best with only these 2 oils? give me a break. This stuff is sounding more like something that should be sold out the back of a horse drawn wagon, what with cleaning phase and rinsing phases.
If you didn't guess already i don't like this product. Between me and my brother we spent hundreds and i really mean hundreds on this stuff so yes darn straight i have an axe to grind.

Hey Trav, at least they made it "easier to get some of your money back if you're not satisfied."

I am in Trav's camp on this. I bought a lot of this stuff and used it on 3 different trucks EXACTLY as instructed and got ZERO results.

Then I used Kreen and got amazing results in minutes.

Life is too short for AuotRX!!!

Fat chance on that Frank. If you pay with PayPal he will tell you "we have no record of your purchase, you didn't buy any". Or like that guy that wanted to test it, FM claimed it was possibly a knock off.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
Fat chance on that Frank. If you pay with PayPal he will tell you "we have no record of your purchase, you didn't buy any". Or like that guy that wanted to test it, FM claimed it was possibly a knock off.
crackmeup2.gif

Ouch!

I used Auto-RX in my 2000 Forester that I bought new and changed oil every 5K miles with Mobil 1. At ~ 90,000 miles I started the Auto-RX and was amazed at how dark & black the oil turned so quickly-this was never observed during my normal oil checks. Obviously, Auto-RX was doing significantly more cleaning than Mobil 1 was doing. A good product in my opinion. My engine didn't run better or worse after the AutoRXing but, I'm sure the internals were cleaner. Ed

Thanks for the update. Auto-Rx is one of my favorite products, and thanks BITOG for bringing it to my attention.

Quote:
easier to get some of your money back if you're not satisfied

Easier? I just checked that out.
Quote:
If we can't make you satisfied, call and let us know. Then ship the product back and we will promptly refund the purchase less shipping costs.

Now he wants you to mail it back and forth at your cost if you are not satisfied. Good luck getting the ARX genie back in the bottle never mind a mailbox!
lol.gif

Anyone reading this do not assume the word "unused" is meant to be before the word product in that sentence.

Originally Posted By: jsnyder49090
Why would they recommend those two oils are they the only ones? must be cause high detergent??

I hope I didn't mislead you. Their instructions say you can use "any" conventional oil you like. These were just 2 they recommended. I'm on my cleaning phase in my 4 now and I'm gonna use Rotella on the Prelude and the Nissan in the rinse phase as they are new additions and I'm thinking they may be dirtier. Gonna use Honda 5w-30 on the 4Runner and IS300 on the rinse as it only cost me $3.25/qt. Pretty sweet Acura dealer 30 miles away that can hook me up!

crackmeup2.gif

Trav, be nice. Over the past 6 years I have made 4-5 purchases and they never took PayPal. It actually torqued me that they didn't take PayPal and I had to go get my credit card. If they ever did take PayPal, they don't now. Could it be that's why they didn't have a record of your purchase?
grin.gif

Now he wants you to mail it back and forth at your cost if you are not satisfied. Anyone reading this do not assume the word "unused" is meant to be before the word product in that sentence.

I can see now the money back guarantee applies just to unopened bottles. Probably not worth the hassle to send a small quantity back. At least I wouldn't bother.

Originally Posted By: TurboJim
Now he wants you to mail it back and forth at your cost if you are not satisfied. Anyone reading this do not assume the word "unused" is meant to be before the word product in that sentence.

I can see now the money back guarantee applies just to unopened bottles. Probably not worth the hassle to send a small quantity back. At least I wouldn't bother.

So if you buy two bottles for two cycles in high mile engines and you're not satisfied after the two treatments, do you get your money back?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
So if you buy two bottles for two cycles in high mile engines and you're not satisfied after the two treatments, do you get your money back?

The way the policy reads right now I'd say no because you have no un-used product to return. However if you really don't feel you got your money's worth, and this would apply to Trav and his brother's past purchases as well, why not contact Frank directly and plead your case? It's his best interest not to have unhappy customers.

Quote:
Could it be that's why they didn't have a record of your purchase

I can look through records and see how i paid but this was posted by someone in a thread a fews ago when they tried to get a refund.
I will try to do a search and dig it up for your reading pleasure.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: TurboJim
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

The way the policy reads right now I'd say no because you have no un-used product to return. However if you really don't feel you got your money's worth, and this would apply to Trav and his brother's past purchases as well, why not contact Frank directly and plead your case? It's his best interest not to have unhappy customers.

Thanks for the reply, I thought that would be the answer. I'm done with A-Rx I'll never use it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back