BG Info on E10 Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bgprod.com/blendr/ethanol-Info.html

Evidently the article is slanted towards using BG44k and its products. Obviously, other products such as Amsoil PI, Redline SI-1, Regane, etc may work just as well.

But the points they raise may be valid. Ethanol fuels may in fact bring more deposit issues than non-ethanol fuels.

Granted, it is possible/likely that BG is exaggerating the consequences a bit, but I think conceptually they are not far off.

Interesting that they mention E10 has the potential to affect deposit build-up in the engine. This is not the first time that I've heard North American oil drain intervals being shorter due to fuel quality issues. Perhaps E10 is a major contributing factor.

Interesting that they mention E10 has the potential to affect deposit build-up in the engine. This is not the first time that I've heard North American oil drain intervals being shorter due to fuel quality issues. Perhaps E10 is a major contributing factor. [/quote]

I read that Mercedes isn't shipping cars with its latest direct injection technology to North American markets because of fuel quality problems. It seems that the fuels we use have too high a sulphur content, as compared to fuels being used in the Japanese and western European markets. I know that the Vette guys were having trouble with sulfur-induced corrosion on their fuel sender units and that the PEA-based cleaners and gasolines were effective in correcting this.

Originally Posted By: jimN

I know that the Vette guys were having trouble with sulfur-induced corrosion on their fuel sender units and that the PEA-based cleaners and gasolines were effective in correcting this.

I'm curious how a cleaner could correct corrosion.
To correct corrosion wouldn't material have to be added back to the corroded surface?

Clean a deposit off I'd believe.

It's probably just removing the corrosion residue that was clogging the sender. It doesn't repair the corrosion, so eventually, things may corrode badly enough to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back