Are there any American made circular saw blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to like those Irwin Marathon blades, but I think they're made in China now.
frown.gif

I buy Freud blades if I have a choice. I didnt know Dewalts blades were made in the USA. For my table saw I buy Forrest saw blades.

For my miter saw I have an 80 tooth Freud and a 96 tooth Freud also the Dewalt blade that came with the saw.

Things get made in other countries because our culture is willing to buy stuff made in other countries.

Originally Posted By: GMorg
Things get made in other countries because our culture is willing to buy stuff made in other countries.

US Consumers have LITTLE or NO CHOICE or SAY when it comes to where many products we buy are made.

It is because corporations have decided that they want to make everything so cheap to increase their profit margins and the executive brass hats can get a bigger golden parachute.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Tom, do they make a 7-1/4" circular saw blade?

I dont think they do but I dont think I would spend the Money on a Forrest blade for a framing blade. Forrest makes excellent saw blades. Anybody can make a framing saw blade to cut framing lumber.

My forest Woodworker 2 on my table saw leaves such a smooth cut. I love that blade.

I went thru a vermont american plant in a small north carolina town in the 80s.
they made about 10 brands of jig, cicr etc blades.
one assembly line
one type of heat treating
different packages

I have a DeWalt 7 1/4 blade. It says Made in China on the packaging. I think I bought it because I understood everything that says DeWalt is made in the USA. We bought a Honda Pilot last week partly because it really is made in the USA, Alabama. Better to see the smaller amount of profit go foreign than all the labor and materials. An American company that manufacturers overseas does less for us than a foreign company that manufactures here.

Originally Posted By: Chadwilliam1

I dont think they do but I dont think I would spend the Money on a Forrest blade for a framing blade. Forrest makes excellent saw blades. Anybody can make a framing saw blade to cut framing lumber.

My forest Woodworker 2 on my table saw leaves such a smooth cut. I love that blade.

Agree, on both points. I have a WWII on my table saw. Best blade available, and probably the cheapest per cut based on longevity.

You don't need a blade this good on a circular saw. The cheap US-made Vermont Americans will get the job done. It's a circular saw, you aren't making cabinets with it!

They do make 7-1/4" blades. You didn't specify your purpose, framing, plywood, etc.

If it's just framing buy bosch or freud and be happy.

Do you know of a Woodcraft store in your area? They have things that are made in the USA that I thought never were made here anymore. There are some things that aren't made in the USA, but are made in places where the standard of living is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back