seafoam deep creep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used this stuff? I was at napa getting some wipe blades and the guy was telling me how good this stuff cleans carbon and varnish. When I heard that I thought that sounds perfect for my Saturn. I can do a piston soak and see if it'll help. What do you guys think of it? And how long should I do the soak?

I have used it in a few Generators to do a carbon clean on. It has always works. I use the deep creep then run it with sea foam in the tank. Then switch back to untreated fuel

I'm not sure if it has enough solvent for the problems of a saturn piston, i'm sure it would clean the combustion chamber/. The piston is a different story. The msds on it is naptha and some alcohol,some alkanes. B-12 or some toluene would be a better solvent for a piston soak.

Last edited:
@OP: like I said before: nothing can properly fix your oil control ring problem unless you do a re-ring job (and manually scrape those carbon off the piston ring lands).

you can try all the stoddard solvents in the world and you still won't get the problem resolved, period.

Q.

i used it to clean the cylinder heads and pistons. it removed all of the carbon using a nylon brush with the engine apart. dont know how it would do on a piston soak but it would be worth a try.

Well here's an update sprayed it in there and immediatly fizzled and turned nasty brown it looks like its kicking [censored] and taking names. I dont expect it to use no oil I just expect it to get better. If I could get it to 1 quart per 3000 id be tickled pink.

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
Well here's an update sprayed it in there and immediatly fizzled and turned nasty brown it looks like its kicking [censored] and taking names. I dont expect it to use no oil I just expect it to get better. If I could get it to 1 quart per 3000 id be tickled pink.

That is Honda territory :)

Have not used it....seems to be about the same formulation as the other "Seafoam Sales" products though....it's basically Seafoam in an aerosol can so obviously, you got the co2 or whatever they use for "propellant".....

But yea, works good for rusted bolts, or getting into little nooks and crannies under the hood.

I used it once in the intake, cause it figured it was easier to "monitor" the output, rather than pouring the can of Seafoam down the intake.....seemed to work pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back