DURAtrac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a 2010 Dodge 2500 quad cab 4X4 with an 8ft bed! It came shod with Mich. LTX A/S in 265-70-17". The tires are still 75% tread. These tires seem like they would be good for the hotter/drier times of the year but I'm thinking of another set for winter and mud season(s) since I see a lot of snow and MUD in my line of work. They need to be E rated. Since my last post of "mud tire vs aggressive AT tire", I've been looking at the Goodyear Duratrac. The reviews have been very good except when it comes to a heavier truck (3/4-1 ton). They seem to get squirrely on those trucks due to tread squirm and a thin sidewall. I really like this tire but what are your thoughts. I need all the help I can get due to these tires costing upwards of a grand for a set of 4!!!

Last edited:
Winter and mud are pretty much opposites.

Winter you want sipes..

mud you want large voids and smooth tread blocks for cleaning.

something like cooper S/T

is one step below a mud tire but still very good mud cleaning and AT.. and not terrible in winter.
300300000Cooper-Discoverer-ST-C.jpg

The duratrac looks nice but I have no personal experience with it.

The LTX AS seems more of a highway tire. I'd probably wear them down abit more.. or have a plan for selling them to offset some costs.

Last edited:
Duratrac is a SUPERB tire.

I've had every A/T tire common on the market, these Duratrac's wipe them all off the map with excellent traction in mud, snow, ice, ashpalt, and perform flawlessly on the highway as well.

I wouldn't trade my duratrac's for anything....i too have an 01 cummins diesel 2500

Originally Posted By: Ramblin Fever
Duratrac is a SUPERB tire.

I've had every A/T tire common on the market, these Duratrac's wipe them all off the map with excellent traction in mud, snow, ice, ashpalt, and perform flawlessly on the highway as well.

I wouldn't trade my duratrac's for anything....i too have an 01 cummins diesel 2500

If I remember right, Ramblin Fever, you are the one who turned me on to this tire. Been looking hard at it and it seems to be a good one. What PSI do U run in them on your Cummings? Mine is the 5.7 Hemi but still one heck of a truck.

Duratracs are an outstanding tire. Last winter the old man and I were out in a snow storm and had to plow through some big snow drifts, it was only when we got to our drive way that has a hump he started to lose traction, due to the low speed. Turns out he was only in 2wd and we thought it was in 4wd. The tires definately have impressed us on the farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back