How does everyone care for leather steering wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 to the Meg's leather wipes. Convenient and I can attest to the fact that they remove the dirt from the steering wheel. They work on the seats too, just don't think you'll find as much dirt regularly on the seats.

Might not be the professional way (Woolite?), but I'm satisfied with the results. JMO.

Originally Posted By: Bad_Robot
Originally Posted By: hisilver
What is the preferred method of cleaning then protecting a leather steering wheel. Mine gets sticky and dirty from sweat and dirt. Does it need anything else but a wipe with a wet paper towel?

I wash my hands frequently. When I have to use anybody else's car, or a rental, I wipe the wheels and controls down with an antibacterial wipe, and I wear gloves.

That sounds really excessive to me. Exposure to germs is good for your body to build tolerence. Although if i loaned my car to someone i would wish they would take that much care of it.

I use the lenxol cleaner and it works great!

This might not be the most professional, but I usually clean my steering wheel in damp weather. The dampness tends to lift the grime and make it easier to clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back