Black Streaks below the door handles/mirrors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Mass. and my mother in Maine.
We both have white cars- her first.
She hates her white car because of black streaks that form under the door handles and below the side doors on the plastic molding, and under the side view mirrors as well. It takes a week.

This problem has only started happening since March. We both bought our cars in October, only, she went to Florida with hers for the winter. Never a problem with the streaks on either car until March.
My car is meticulously maintained- hers, not so much.

We just had a week of rain.

I happened to be near the BMW dealer the other day (after a week of rain) to see if the new cars had black streaks. Assuming they had not been washed yet. They had black streaks everywhere. Furthermore, they were noticeable on other color cars as well; silver, white, maroon.

What is going on here? This has never been noticed before by me.
...and, it doesn't clean off easily with car wash soap. Some new sort of pollution?

Its residue from the black gaskets and seals around the doors.

My VW gets it every rain.

I have to clay bar it off.

My white Vic gets it also in every heavy rain which is almost everyday now as it is monsoon season..I just keep a clean rag in the trunk with water and it is generally gone in seconds..If it is that bad I just put a little Nu-Finish on the rag and like magic it is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back