Benalene 900?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Snapper snowblower calls for Benalene 900 grease in the auger bearings and gearbox. I can't find the stuff, and a Google search only had one hit - a scanned copy of a Snapper manual.

I just used ordinary lithium base grease on it. Is that an OK substitute, or should I use something else?

Thanks!

sounds like a grease compound named by Snapper,though other products will work fine,does it list any NLGI number on tube?? or any other rateing??.BL

I've never seen a tube of the stuff, and the owner's manual doesn't call out a spec. It just says "Snapper suggests Benalene 900". Since my tube of general-purpose grease is empty, I figured I'd try to find this stuff, or at least make sure I matched the specs.

If I can't find anything, I'll just ask the dealer what they use.

the gear box,its between the two front auguars,with a square plug you remove?,if so a good 75w-90 gear oil would due,I use Mystic deminsion 75w-90,,, for the ZERKS i use ,again MYSTIC semi synthic #2..has a range of -56 to 350 degrees, in a black tube,,Farm and fleet has these great products...BL

Thanks, Brian. I thought grease in the gear box was kind of odd. I also saw the rec to use gear oil in one of the other forums hear on BITOG.

My gearbox -- auger failed after ten years with Benalene/Bemelex ? Repair shop says only stuff to put in that will last is Lubriplate Will report again in ten years! BTW climate involves use at -30 & -40 so a real test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back