DRL/low beam bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.
As winter is approaching (here) I want to change the bulbs on my Corolla. With it having DRL the low beams (3 years old) seam to be pretty dim compared to my high beams. What would be a good bulb for this situation? The Sylvania 'ECO' bulbs seem intriguing but doubt if they really increase mileage that much. might just go with sylvania extra-vision. Comments welcome

+1 on the Xtravisions.

As a side note the low beams have quite a bit less output brand new. High beams (9005) are ~ 1700 lumens and the low beams (9006) are ~1000 lumens, which is easily noticeable. This is by design to reduce glare both direct and reflected.

Went with the extra visions will be able to tell a difference tomorrow morning.

Originally Posted By: Big_Kat
As winter is approaching (here) I want to change the bulbs on my Corolla. With it having DRL the low beams (3 years old) seam to be pretty dim compared to my high beams. What would be a good bulb for this situation? The Sylvania 'ECO' bulbs seem intriguing but doubt if they really increase mileage that much. might just go with sylvania extra-vision. Comments welcome

the high beams are brighter by default anyway, with the 9005 bulbs being 65W compared to 55W for the 9006 low beams.

But...as bulbs age (by use) they do get dimmer also.

Yep. I work at a convince store, getting through college and I have had like six people in the last week or so with burnt out headlights asking if we carried them. It kinda set me on edge when a guy came in with dual beam bulbs, with only the low beam working on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back