Aftermarket Radiator Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
What radiators does everyone recommend for quality reasonably priced aftermarket???
We used to get our radiators from a local auto parts distributor but he is now out of business... Does anyone like auto zone, Advanced or the radiator store?? Any name brand? There are so many out there and one looks worse than the other i just picked one up for a 96 plymouth voyager 3.3 and it had a big gash in it (unopened box) Also i am always concerned about oil flow to the transmission we had one a while back that had almost no flow to the trans lucky i noticed immediatly or i would be buying a new transmission for one of our best customers..

I've had good luck with the Spectra rads and gas tanks from rockauto. Even choosing ghetto shipping I often get them next day. Often the same brand carried by advance but with a 40% discount.

Honestly I only use OEM replacements unless the radiator is in generally good condition and has plenty of life left...then I would look to have it repaired by a pro. I hear too many stories of bad radiators from discount sources.

Have you searched locally for a quality radiator shop?? I know your local supplier went out of business but there must be another in a reasonable radius.

Just replaced my Nissan Altima radiator. Checked with AAP, AZ and NAPA. AAP/AZ want ~$180 both Ready Rad, NAPA wanted ~$116 +tax for a LLT warranty radiator made by Spectra Premium. in Canada. Rock Auto listed the SP rad but didn't have it in stock. But between RA shipping and next day at NAPA, easy choice.

Interestingly when I checked again later, AZ had switched to SP radiator. Seems well made, and reasonably priced.

You can look up your radiator by clicking e-catalogue on link posted above.

I've got a Spectra Premium in a 1996 Nissan Quest - made in Canada and it's similar to the OEM Johnson Controls.

I put in a TYC-made Koyo in a friend's Honda CR-V, and she isn't complaining.

The one radiator I won't touch are Moroccan-made Valeos for Mercedes applications, nor any Chinese made radiator that isn't sourced from a reputable supplier - Koyo, TYC, CST and Performance Radiator seem to work OK from my observations.

Not sure why anyone would use anything but BEHR for Mercedes applications...

shop around. I just bought a BIG one for our trucks and the quality from the auto parts stores was so bad I took 2 back!

Ended up working the Internet and finding a wholesaler right near my house. Got a real Modine.

It has been 1 year since I did an overhaul on the Neon's cooling system... and replaced the rad with a KOYO unit.

I've had zero issues with it to-date.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Not sure why anyone would use anything but BEHR for Mercedes applications...

Nissens is also good for this application. Behr does have aluminum inserts in the hose connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back