Any surplus firearm collectors on

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be sweet to see those prices these days. I have only been collecting firearms since 08.

Originally Posted By: Big_Kat
That would be sweet to see those prices these days. I have only been collecting firearms since 08.
I totally agree, it would be much easier on the pocketbook! I have been collecting firearms since 1993, but I havent really bought any for quite a few years due to other priorities.

As late as 2005 I was buying cases of 7.62x39mm for 100 bucks shipped. Heck now that will buy less than half that.

The price of metals and the death of the dollar hit ammo prices hard. The 2008 election created a shortage which inflated prices to crazy levels and only now is it getting back to Oct 2008 prices on some stuff.

Thank god I bought 50k rounds of 8mm and 7.62x54R when it was cheap.

i bought two tins of Romanian 8mm the last time Aim had it. Ive only shot about 110 rounds of it bought the ones without chargers.

You guys should consider reloading for your bolt guns. You can find fresh brass for your 8MM, 7.62x54R, etc. Then you'll have a much more reliable supply of ammo! It's so easy a caveman (I'm sure that's what progressives think of me) can do it.

Originally Posted By: OrdnanceMarine
You guys should consider reloading for your bolt guns. You can find fresh brass for your 8MM, 7.62x54R, etc. Then you'll have a much more reliable supply of ammo! It's so easy a caveman (I'm sure that's what progressives think of me) can do it.

I dont have the room for a decent reloading set up. I could in my garage, but with 5 months being winter here and no heat in there, its not practical.

If I had the room I would, especially for my 7.5 French and 6.5 Carcano.

Im in the same boat Robenstein
frown.gif
. Hofefully after college and start working a better job Ill have funds for a better place.

Yeah I am still in grad school. I have a small house but lack the funds to finish the basement until I get a decent teaching job.

I'm a collector of WWII rifles . I have the following :
M1 Garand , 1903 Springfield , M1 Carbine , Aussie Enfield , Russian M91/30 , Japanese Type 99 , Swiss K31 . I had a 98K Mauser but sold it to a friend . I'm thinking about acquiring an example of the French and Italian service rifles someday .

Last edited:
I got a Yugo M48(Its a Mitchell re-newed one) and I have a German K98 that is un-molested with Nazi swasika proofs and all its parts intact. I bought it at a Pawn Shop for $250. It was a steal. I have a couplke makarovs, A East German Police is my Favorite and I have a M-1 Carbine, Saginaw, It is WW2, un issued, brand new bought it about 25 years ago at a surplus depot. They had hundreds of them all the makers, GM,Wichester, Singer etc.. for $250 each, brand new, wish I would have taken a bank loan and bought 100 of them. Guns are the new Gold. I used to be a FFL dealer so I got alot of Great deals, on guns and ammo pouring in from Russia. When Clinton took office that all halted and they cracked down so hard on FFLs it wasnt worth having. Thats when they were whining that there were more gun dealers than gas stations. Thing is that if you pass all the regulations to be a gun dealer, why shouldnt you be able to buy guns like a dealer, it should be a right not a privilage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back