A bit much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could never be a police officer. Having to maintain a civil attitude while putting up with bee ess from the dregs of society day after day is not something I can do.

Police brutality is wrong, but the "abuse" inflicted on these delinquents and thugs is usually the only real punishment they ever get.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LTVibe
I could never be a police officer. Having to maintain a civil attitude while putting up with bee ess from the dregs of society day after day is not something I can do.

Police brutality is wrong, but the "abuse" inflicted on these delinquents and thugs is usually the only real punishment they ever get.

I hear ya. When I'm watching Cops on TV, many times I'm saying to myself, how is that cop holding back from just giving that punk one quick shot to the kidneys as the punk is mouthing off!

I'd surely get fired within a week...

If our society is bad/ if a cops actions are a reflection of society, imagine getting arrested in Mexico or Iran.
shocked2.gif
fighting0011.gif

Originally Posted By: MarkC
None of which excuses the behavior of the cop in question.

Not excuses, but explanations.

Police officers have to be far above the average to put up with the incredible amount of stress involved with law enforcement.

Did the cop in question just pull a double shift? Did he recently have a gun pulled on him after pulling over a vehicle? Or have to respond to a call on a gory traffic accident? Or get called every known four-letter word, and got spat on when arresting a drug dealer? Hour after hour, day after day.

And we are "shocked" when the pressure causes some to go over the line.

Yes it is a tough job....But they know that going in. That type of cop should be fired and banned from any type of law enforcement job for life. He will probably get a slap on the wrist.

I would be POd if that was my Daughter. Even though she did look defiant to the cop.
This is 2009 not the Wild Wild West........
09.gif

The cop in question has a few other "incidents" on his record.

And I agree it's a tough just, but nobody forces anyone into it.
Nothing excuses over-reaction.
Takes a real man to subdue a teenage girl, I suppose.

I'd think what that cop did is tantamount to assault and he'd be brought up on charges.

This is one instance where I'd say a civil lawsuit is in order as well.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I'd think what that cop did is tantamount to assault and he'd be brought up on charges.

This is one instance where I'd say a civil lawsuit is in order as well.

I agree and he should be fired and fully prosecuted (in that order!). The suck thing is the whole state will pay for the defense, the lawsuits, the incarceration.....

if this rotten cop gets sentenced to jail, he's going to wish he was never a cop. a shoe "injured" his shin from a 15 year old girl no less. what a coward and a bunch of baloney. In the video, it looks like he punched the girl several times in the face after they had her handcuffed.

I'll take a different view here. While one could surely argue that the shoe flicking didn't justify what followed, I found the take down mostly appropriate. The two or so blows after she was down were 100% out of line.

Be mindful of your feelings. They can betray you - Obiwan

Also keep in mind that if this were some other situation ..some other milieu (whatever) and a 15 year old girl reacted that way to authority, most of us would say that she needed a spanking during her more formative years.

I guess it would be more easy to understand if it was a 15 year old male. Most of us that have raised girls have known that they can only handle so much discipline before they rebel and make your worst nightmares come true. Sons, otoh, tend to run a fine line balance between fear and respect.

Nah, there wasn't any need for this guy to even step into the room at that time, just close the door. Certainly no need to charge in and get physical with the kid.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
If that were my daughter,that piece of sh*t would soon meet his maker.

..but if it was your son, you would probably pummel him soundly for being involved in an auto theft.

My final advice to my son after one of a few mistakes in judgment (where he didn't talk to me first - mostly monitary) was, "If you EVER hear the words "You have the right to remain silent" and you don't ask for your phone call AND NOT ONE WORD MORE ..I don't care if it's under the treat of death ...you will not have to worry about any of the legal consequences ..since I will be there with a baseball bat to bash the life from your body to assure that you do not reproduce. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back