Where can i find Gumout Regane in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys, reading here about how good this stuff is at cleaning your injectors, I thought i try some in my van. However, I can't seem to find it anywhere here in Canada. I've looked at [censored] and Partsource and both don't carry it. If someone knows of a place in Canada that carries it, please let me know, thanks.

I have never seen it... Try Amsoil PI instead... Did wonders for a clogged injector on my '95 neon!

You can get it at amsoil.com or pickup from their warehouse in Mississauga, ON if you are close by...

Originally Posted By: MrBiglund
Hey, guys, reading here about how good this stuff is at cleaning your injectors, I thought i try some in my van. However, I can't seem to find it anywhere here in Canada. I've looked at [censored] and Partsource and both don't carry it. If someone knows of a place in Canada that carries it, please let me know, thanks.
Where are you located... Can you not drive across the border and buy it. I don't think it's available here like a lot of great US products, because they don't want to have to pay to convert everything into French as well.
smirk2.gif

You can get Wynn's Xtend88 Plus at your GM parts counter, about $20.00 a can, it works very well. Its not found on the regular shelves such as those at [censored] Tire.

Amsoil is cheaper than that, does a better job IMO (I have used both), and has a money back guarantee... Just sayin'
grin2.gif

Actually i'm about hour and a half away from the border, but it wouldn't be worth it to drive all the way just to get regane. I have used Redline S1 in the past which is availabe for 11 bucks at partsource and krapytire. I guess i'll stick to Redline for now, I know Redline is just as good if not better, but I just wanted to try something different.

Called a few part stores and seems like none of them carry either regane or techron. Although there is a Pennzoil fuel injector cleaner at canadiantire which looks identical to the regane bottle, both companies (gumout and pennzoil) are owned by the same parent company sopus, so it might as well be the same stuff. Might give it a try next time, already filled up today with one bottle of Redline S1.

Last edited:
I did find a place online in Oshawa that was selling Techron a couple of years ago, but lost the link.

I never see Gumout Regane, Techron, Berryman's B-12 etc anywhere at retail in Canada. They are all readily available (and cheap!)in the US. Even Marvel Mystery Oil can hardly be found now that Canadian Tire stopped selling it.

I found Seafoam available at CarQuest for some ungodly sum.

The Pennzoil stuff sold at Walmart or [censored] tire here is NOT the same formula as Regane. It is all mineral spirits and IPA and that sort of thing. No PEA content.

The only one of these products that contain PEA that I commonly see for sale here is the Redline Si-1 at Canadian Tire. They recently dropped the price from $13.99 to $10.99. Considering that the [censored] Pennzoil things that sell for $2.50 to $5.00 in the US are $7 to $12 at CDN tire this becomes a no brainer.

If I am in Buffalo for a football or hockey game I stop by WalMart and pickup a couple of bottles of Regane or Techron for $6. If I need something here I just buy the Redline.

For the price Regane has the most PEA for the dollar, followed by Techron.

Redline is way overpriced!!!!!!!! Especially since regane and redline have about the same percentage of PEA.

Originally Posted By: Westerly
For the price Regane has the most PEA for the dollar, followed by Techron.

Redline is way overpriced!!!!!!!! Especially since regane and redline have about the same percentage of PEA.

Fine, but the guy indicated he is in Canada and cannot get Regane or Techron. I don't know where he is but here in Toronto (Canada's largest city) I have seen Techron advertised for sale exactly once (at a store about 50 miles out into the suburbs) and Regane precisely never.

I know that Walmart or your local drugstore sells this stuff in New York State for $6 a bottle but honestly unless some shop is going to the trouble of importing it themselves you just don't see it.

A chain called Canadian Tire which exists everywhere here does sell Redline SI for the equivalent of about $8 US. They also sell all the [censored] little Pennzoil and STP lower end mineral spirits and alcohol only products for the equivalent of $5 to $10 US. These are all things that are no better than whatever Walmart would slap a Supertech (tech2000 in canada, because it is different) label on and sell for $1.50. But no Regane. They also sell all sorts of Slick 50 and Duralube "snake oil with the dangerous stuff removed due to FTC litigation" products for $15.

So if you are looking for a fuel additive with PEA sold commonly at a chain store that is in every Canadian City at a decent price there is Redline SI-1 at Canadian Tire for $10.99 CDN and... well nothing else actually.

At $10.99 CDN vs no other choice, or $10.99 CDN vs $5 to $20 CDN for generic buckfifty walmart stuff, it becomes a pretty easy decision.

Myself, I buy a couple of Gallons of LCD Fuel Power every couple of years, but the guy was looking for something he could actually buy locally.

I'm close to Toronto also, but havn't seen regane or techron around anywhere, i do use redline s1 now and then, where can i get the amsoil stuff? Is it available at Canadian Tire? I would love to try that next time instead of S1.

While I do see Amsoil motor Oil at CDN tire in 1 litre bottles I never see any of the other products.

Normally amsoil is only sold through amsoil independetn dealers. There have been several who are sponsors on this site, including one who is in kitchener or london or somewhere down there.

The amsoil website also offers direct sales, some discount to canadians to soften the shipping costs. They also sell other product lines so you might make it worthwhile ordering somethings like Mann or Wix filters that we never see here.

I was just reading some other posts here that state that Redline S1 actually has a higher PEA content than Amsoil PI, so, I think I'm gona stick with Redline S1 for now. Maybe the next time I'm visiting the states I'll pick up a few bottles of Regane.

Another option is a product called 'Guaranteed to Pass'...its about 30% PEA, and is $9.99/bottle. WM, C-T...etc...has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back