Is gumout all in one of the best PEA cleaners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Canada it’s extremely hard to find techron and I want to find the best pea cleaner I can find. As far as I know the Canadian tire brand used to have a pea cleaner but now it’s reformulated as the back doesn’t say contains poly ether amine anymore.
at the local store I can get
Gum out all in one fuel system cleaner $12.99
Gumout regane complete $11.99
Gumout regane high mileage $11.99

I can also find redline si1 or whatever for $12.85 cad and it treats 20 gallons

which one has the most Pea per bottle? Or most cleaning Ability per gallon of fuel?

the all in one is only $1 more and has 130 more mL then the regane complete however I bet the extra mL is upper cylinder lubricant or other additives, it’s probably not more PEA. The other reganes treat 80L

I use the Gumout with PEA, it seems to work, but I do this as a preventative for the cars that use regular unleaded, versus my car that uses premium.

Here in Canada it’s extremely hard to find techron and I want to find the best pea cleaner I can find. As far as I know the Canadian tire brand used to have a pea cleaner but now it’s reformulated as the back doesn’t say contains poly ether amine anymore.
at the local store I can get
Gum out all in one fuel system cleaner $12.99
Gumout regane complete $11.99
Gumout regane high mileage $11.99

I can also find redline si1 or whatever for $12.85 cad and it treats 20 gallons

which one has the most Pea per bottle? Or most cleaning Ability per gallon of fuel?

the all in one is only $1 more and has 130 more mL then the regane complete however I bet the extra mL is upper cylinder lubricant or other additives, it’s probably not more PEA. The other reganes treat 80L
Gumout Regane High Mileage is $4.47 at my local Walmart. Even with the exchange rate, $11.99 Canadian is outrageous.

Here in Canada it’s extremely hard to find techron

It's actually not hard to find at all because most car manufacturers sell it at the dealership parts dept.

41sjKSA-dxL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Techron-etiketka.jpg

Looks the same as a techron bottle, but with a Hyundai label instead of a Chevron label - also has the words "Techron" on the label. Also sold at BMW dealers with a BMW label, GM dealers part #88861011 for GM brand, 88861013 for AC Delco brand,

It's actually not hard to find at all because most car manufacturers sell it at the dealership parts dept.

View attachment 34064

View attachment 34063

Looks the same as a techron bottle, but with a Hyundai label instead of a Chevron label - also has the words "Techron" on the label. Also sold at BMW dealers with a BMW label, GM dealers part #88861011 for GM brand, 88861013 for AC Delco brand,

thanks a ton but i bet its pricey here in canada

The "conventional wisdom" is that the Regane HM is the most concentrated PEA dose you can get. This is from a manufacturer q&a on the forum years ago. I use it regularly and it works well. We can get 6oz bottles for about $5 as mentioned, and 12oz for $10. If you are saying the 6oz bottles are $12cad, that's about $8.50 US I think; and that's well worth it if you need it. I would buy the Regane HM variant, use it with confidence.

The "conventional wisdom" is that the Regane HM is the most concentrated PEA dose you can get. This is from a manufacturer q&a on the forum years ago. I use it regularly and it works well. We can get 6oz bottles for about $5 as mentioned, and 12oz for $10. If you are saying the 6oz bottles are $12cad, that's about $8.50 US I think; and that's well worth it if you need it. I would buy the Regane HM variant, use it with confidence.

gothca thanks a ton! i was thinking and for example i get 80l of treatment with the gumout regane hm for $11.99, while with the all in one treatment we get 132l of treatment for only $1 more. so would that mean that the all in one provides the same amount of cleaning performance stretched over 123l compared to how the hm can provide that all in 80l of fuel? hope that makes sense
thx

You can search back to find the discussion, but as I recall, the technical answer from Gumout was that if maximum dose of PEA was your goal, the HM was the ticket. The implication is that the all-in-one has less PEA per dose. I'm not certain 100% of that, but since that's the "magic" ingredient in these cleaners (Techron, etc.) that's all I care about. The other solvents can be acquired a lot cheaper in a can of B-12 for a few dollars if I feel I need them. In all reality, both will probably work for you.

In particular, I have one vehicle that has a ring-coking issue (by bad design). I care about maximum PEA so I use the HM based on what I've heard on the forum. It works.

How may mL per U.S. gallon is the proper amount for routine maintenance of a vehicle that is not having any problems?

I have been using about 4.45 mL per U.S. gallon of Red-Line SL-1 in my 2016 Honda CR-V with the 2.4 L normally asperated direct injected K24W four banger engine ever since I bought it with 19,877 miles on it last February, and now have 23,830 miles on it. There use to be something on the Red-Line bottle that said to use 4.45 mL per gallon for routine maintenance, but I do not know if that is the correct amount now days with direct injected engines?

I like that Gumout has a ethanol protectant in it. Its probably the one thing I wish Redline Si-1 did. Luckily I dont run petrol with ethanol but its definitely something to consider if you do. Gumout is my backup if I cant get Si-1 in time on pickup. I most likely will buy on BF and get a 1000.00 order in to Amazon for Redline for Oil,CVT,and Si-1. https://www.amazon.com/Red-Line-SI-1-System-Cleaner/dp/B01LRELEU2 I seen the Gumout Regane and HM are usually the same price so the HM is the one to get.

I like that Gumout has a ethanol protectant in it. Its probably the one thing I wish Redline Si-1 did. Luckily I dont run petrol with ethanol but its definitely something to consider if you do. Gumout is my backup if I cant get Si-1 in time on pickup. I most likely will buy on BF and get a 1000.00 order in to Amazon for Redline for Oil,CVT,and Si-1. https://www.amazon.com/Red-Line-SI-1-System-Cleaner/dp/B01LRELEU2 I seen the Gumout Regane and HM are usually the same price so the HM is the one to get.
does that ethanol protectant stay for a while or always has to be added for every gas tank?
what do u think cleans better? si1 or the gumout?

Techron concentrates 2 is best highest after redline fuel system clearner which hard

Have used the Gumout AIO for many years. It works well in carbureted and FI vehicles. Last year it was real cheap on Amazon. I paid as little as $3.33 for the standard bottle. I like the fact that it also has a fuel stabilizer.
It seems to works on everything I put it in,
1605542053905.png

Last edited:
So it's only 8-$13/bottle depending on the dealer for the Hyundai version, part# 00232-19047

$13CAD = $9.90USD

Walmart.com charges $5/10oz of Techron and the Hyundai bottle is 20oz

The typical parts store price for the 20oz (my tank is 18 US Gal so the 10 or 12oz is useless to me) is either $13 or $14 but they often have a monthly 2-4-1 deal...

Actually Advance Auto has two for $18...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back