Oil Filters should come with OCI reminder stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put "Oil Change Stickers" as the subject and then as the body of the e-mail I used "I would like to get some oil change stickers, please. If you have any that say Pennzoil Platinum on them, that would be great, since that's the oil I use." followed by my address and a thank you.

Paulla Effland responded with "Roger I am sending you some of our Pennzoil Platinum & a few of our other stickers. You should have them next week."

Hmmm...I think they must have liked yours better. I really didn't know how to ask so I just put "I'm a fan of Pennzoil. Please send some oil change reminder stickers to..."

Originally Posted By: Junior
I personally don't like those things. I just write it down in a little note book and place it in the glove box. All maintenance and repairs get written in the book.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
AutoZone has those stickers for free right next to the filters.
And they probably already say 3000 miles or 3 months so AZ can sell more oil.

I just put a piece of masking tape on the back of the visor and write the miles and date, but if you have a newer car, probably don't want stickup all over your nice visor.

Another technique used by some for oil change indicator is the appearance of rust on the filter canister.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
AutoZone has those stickers for free right next to the filters.
And they probably already say 3000 miles or 3 months so AZ can sell more oil.

I just put a piece of masking tape on the back of the visor and write the miles and date, but if you have a newer car, probably don't want stickup all over your nice visor.

Another technique used by some for oil change indicator is the appearance of rust on the filter canister.
LOL.gif

Rust on the oil filter canister? Sorry, don't live (or ever want to live) in the rust belt.

I never got a reply from them but I got about 50 of them in the mail today!

They sent 2 kinds. Window and door stickers.

Last edited:
I like the white "print out" ones that the local Acura dealership has. Too bad those printers are $$$.

I guess I'll have to ask Pennzoil for some of their stickers.

Anyone have links to the the other brands (aside from Pennzoil) sticker offer pages? Been looking around and have had no luck.

Alex.

Originally Posted By: BGK
Rust on the oil filter canister? Sorry, don't live (or ever want to live) in the rust belt.
That's nothing, the worst is when the brake lines rot through. I had rear leaf spring mounts that nearly gave way from rust. My old '84 had a big rusted hole in the floor like a Flintstone mobile.
LOL.gif
Sadly we don't get the nice oldies like they have out west where they don't put a lot of (if any) salt on the roads.

my email bounced, so I don't think I'm not getting any stickers. I need some bad. the autoparts stores don't have them out, either someone takes them all or they are too lazy to put them out.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
I got my Pennzoil stickers today. They sent me a gilliion of them. Should last me many years!
Ya get rust down there? Up here we could use the stickers to cover the rust on our filter canisters.

Last edited:
I received my Pennzoil stickers today. 28 white Pennzoil Platinum paper stickers, 12 white Pennzoil paper stickers, 12 clear with white writing area Pennzoil vinyl stickers, and 15 clear Pennzoil vinyl stickers.

Now I should get some Valvoline (available?) and Castrol stickers and I'll pretty much have my bases covered.

I got 21 white background regular ones, 9 platinum, 20 clear big logos, and 21 clear small logos. So 71 stickers. Using 6 each year will last me over ten years.

So now how do I get some from Castrol? LOL.

Correction, they're all vinyl. They just looked and felt like paper, but I used one tonight and was surprised that it wasn't actually paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back