Costco now has ethanol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been asking the Costco gas guys for months if their gas had ethanol. They always said no but its coming. This weekend I noticed they have nice shiny new stickers that proclaims the gas may contain up to 10% ethanol. kudos to Costco because NC does not require the stickers but they're on there.

are you glad they have ethanol?

i prefer gas without it,

at the station that i usually go to i put in the 87 non-ethanol, i have pay 10 cents more per gallon for it, but i get a lot better mileage.

I would prefer no ethanol. Costco 87 is the cheapest around here. And because NC does not require the stickers I maybe buying it anyway from other stations.

Yea get it while you can!!

Its been over a year since my cars have preformed at there peak power and with there peak MPG. Thanks EPA!!!!

Oi. Kept trying to figure out why my Saturn was burning gas so quick and running like garbage. Went back to where I filled up and saw the ethanol sticker on the pump (Murphy's). I got it because it was 25 cents cheaper than anywhere else in town. I hope we don't go ending up all ethanol in Fayetteville.

Unforunately we in NJ have been using oxygenated fuel since the early 90's, first as winter fuel. We started with MTBE then went to ethanol year round recently. I've seen my mpg go to he*l with it! And by the way, it's no less expensive than non oxygenated fuel.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: kingrob
Oi. Kept trying to figure out why my Saturn was burning gas so quick and running like garbage. Went back to where I filled up and saw the ethanol sticker on the pump (Murphy's). I got it because it was 25 cents cheaper than anywhere else in town. I hope we don't go ending up all ethanol in Fayetteville.

we've been running ethanol blends year long for ages now. Don't forget that in addition to ethanol additives, there's the "winter" and "summer" gas blends as seasons change and yes, "winter" gas blends, be it ethanol or not, typically gives relatively poor mileage for winter gas is designed with ease of starting and burning during severe cold temperatures.

Q.

Quote:
we've been running ethanol blends year long for ages now. Don't forget that in addition to ethanol additives, there's the "winter" and "summer" gas blends as seasons change and yes, "winter" gas blends, be it ethanol or not, typically gives relatively poor mileage for winter gas is designed with ease of starting and burning during severe cold temperatures.

From what I understand the only fuel we get here that has a "winter" blend is Hess. I occasionally run it if we start getting down in the single digits, which is very rare.

I am glad we have the ethanol available here. I buy 88-octane gasohol for the same price as 85-octane 'regular' gasoline. My vehicle, which requires 91 octane at sea level, runs properly and well on the 88-octane gasohol at my elevation. The alcohol also helps cool things down when I'm towing (overheating can be a problem for this vehicle).

The miniscule potential mpg drop (which I have not been able to demonstrate in nearly 18 months of ownership of this truck) is worth the tradeoff to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back