If you use Amsoil Diesel Oils Stock up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: XS650

Yes, and if they don't drop prices now that crude prices are dropping, we will understand even more.

You do understand that the suppliers are only leveling their prices, not dropping them?

Amsoil is not in control of raw material prices whether they go up or down and on a % basis they have actually raised prices LESS than competitors.

Lubes and Greases weekly report this week talked about a shortage of Grp 1-2-3 base oils and that prices are still climbing and will be roughly 60 days behind crude and will level at best or increase depending on the market.

It would be safe to assume that additives and transportation will do the same as companies try to stockpile some cash as crude goes down.

This market isn't predictable and most companies that are not majors are going to be sure its safe before they lower raw materials prices.

Even though corn, wheat and other crop prices have dropped as well as fuel you haven't seen any of the food providers lower prices. Most plan to leave the prices as they are for 60 days to see how the market shapes and some even want to wait until after the elections before they forecast any more.

Last edited:
It's not just Amsoil, but affects everyone. Chevron is finally putting through their increases sept 1 from what I read in a press release.
Aside from base oils being stable now about 6 weeks, as plastic bottle inventories are depleted, the new ones are much higher, as are printing costs, etc.

Latest weekly news on base stocks is that suppliers want to keep prices high on base oils because the market is unpredictable.

The general view is to expect an increase of 18-20% in Sept and then 10-12% increase in October of finished lubricants.

Man....I'm sure glad that I bolstered my stash big time in May and July! That's some heinous inflation that has surely had a viscous latency period!

Those numbers were for all oil suppliers. Chevron is on schedule for an 11% increase in October for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back