CSK information

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad manages a Schucks store and I found out some information about the merger. The Schucks stores will be renamed "Schucks-O'Rielly's" (yes both names), I assume the same will be with the Kragens and Checkers stores. I think O'Rielly's wants to keep the CSK names because they are very familiar in the western parts of the united states. I don't know about what parts will be carried, I'd keep an eye out for close outs on certain brand names that O'Rielly's dosen't carry in their own stores. If I find out any more info I'll post it.

Reminds me of when Macy's bought the Lazarus dept. stores here...sure, we'll call it Lazarus-Macy's. That lasted about 18 months. All called Macy's now.

John

I worked for a CSK store years ago, they had just bought out another chain of parts stores in Southern California. I think that not too many out here would recognize an O'Reilly's out here, first time I saw one was visiting Texas about 8 years ago.

Where was this merger/buyout info posted?

We have 2 Checker and 1 O'Reilly's here. I wonder if they will do away with some stores where there are 'duplicates'. I hope not as I like and shop both.

As the OP suggests, I'll be keeping my eye out for closeouts. But,I certainly hope O'Reilly's doesn't do away with their Microgard filters (relabled Purolators). They are a very good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back