Q PAO racing oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
buster,

I first noticed these oils [online] this past summer. I haven't seen them for sale anywhere. What is your take on them?

At this time there is only two places to purchase this product; Performance Products and JEGS. This is racing oil and is not suitable for street use. For what it is designed to do, it is hard to beat. An excellent racing oil. The base stocks are PAO and Esters. I don't know anything about the additive package and they are not telling.

If my life was interesting enough to have a dedicated race car, I'd try this line of oils. [for patriotic reasons over the Frenchie Motul 300V oils]
ZDDP is high in these oils as it should be in race oils. Antifoaming is extra critical in race oils and mentioned in the link. Good good.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
buster,

I first noticed these oils [online] this past summer. I haven't seen them for sale anywhere. What is your take on them?

I'm sure they are very good. As Johnny stated they are PAO/Ester based. Not for street use though.

55.gif

Anyone have a VOA on Q Racing oil? I woder if it has any detergents at all or if it is more like Redline's pure racing weights?

Originally Posted By: oliver88
Anyone have a VOA on Q Racing oil? I woder if it has any detergents at all or if it is more like Redline's pure racing weights?

One would think that with the emphasis on "NOT for street use", and the anti-foaming thing, that it has absolutely ZERO detergents in it. If you want a 'streetable race oil', Red Line's multi-weights, or Motul 300V are hard to beat.

Agreed, I have been using Redline 10w40 for years in the race cars. Also, the Q Racing oil is $$$$!

0w5 qualifying oil from QS

vis
40c 15.23
100c 3.56
Ht/Hs 1.38

0w20
40c 36.45
100c 6.49
Ht/Hs 2.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back