Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Mobil 1 ESP at 5K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest results at 5,000 miles on initial fill of Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 in 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD with Mercedes-Benz OM642 3.0L V6 turbodiesel.
OA_05K.gif

Iron is approaching normal limit of 40ppm, copper is steady. Calcium and phosphorus went up? Both viscosity and soot are stable. TBN went up, too, which is odd. I have to say I think this sampling is somewhat anomalous.
dunno.gif

Well, I'll take one more sample at about 6,000 miles, when I'll change out the initial fill. I also hope to install a bypass filter at that time and increase the sump capacity to almost 12 quarts.

Hey Boxcab,

I've been closely following your posts, appreciate the analysis. I just recently signed up so I could post a question. We have the exact same jeep, limited 3.0L, (btw love the torque, pulls our 5k+ lb searay through the cascades like a dream), we got ours around 5-6 months ago, we were the first to buy the diesel at the dealer in Renton WA, we just turned over 8k miles. Unfortunately the dealers up north in the seattle area (called all of them for a couple months) had no oil for ours up until a couple weeks ago (the mobile 1 esp synthetic stuff), :???: I was seriously pulling my hair out trying to get an oil change, we finally got one at 7800k or so and as you might imagine we were pretty upset with our dealer for not having it on hand... But anyway, My question is, do you think we damaged our engine waiting so long?? Obviously it still seems fine, drives the same etc.. I got concerned when I noticed the high iron content in your tests, is that normal?

thanks,
-mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back