Gas going back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gas here just went up 5 cents over the weekend and now, 5 cents today. From $2.61 to $2.66 and $2.71.

I filled up this AM on the way back from work (glad I drive something that gets good MPG, 45.88 mpg on this tank, 44.7 AVG on the last 4 tanks)

Still, not slowing these idiots with their jacked up 4x4 trucks going 80 mph (in a 65mph zone) weaving in and out of traffic..
bop.gif

Guess gas is still too cheap!

Bill
patriot.gif

it's all over the news that gas is going to go up. weird, especially since it's getting colder too.

Still way cheaper than here in Toronto, we are paying $3.65 a gallon right now, and it'll be going up a little more tomorrow too.
frown.gif

There's a gas station that seems to be a little cheaper than everyone else around here and I filled up yesterday at $2.65 (it's been $2.65 for a couple weeks) while everybody else was at least $2.73. Hopefully whoever owns that place will keep doing what he/she has been doing because that station will get my business when I need gas.

$2.65 just about everywhere today. I didn't need gas.
dunno.gif
It's not going to change anything. I don't do any unnecessary driving anyway ..any of merit that would make the wallet thicker at the end of the week.

It's only money......

I cant tell in Daytona, because its Bikeoctober fest, and they always jack the prices for special events. It was 2.79, Iam sure its over 3.00 since the event started.

Thank goodness for Sam's Club and Kroger Gas Discount....

Hummers and Land Rovers slamming down the streets here in Memphis at 30 over the speed limit helping drive up those gas prices get my blood boiling.

anyone buying walmart gift cards and using them to get 3 cents off gas at walmart gas stations?

Woolworths down here have a card.

Every purchase over $30 gets you 4c/litre off. (first transaction is 10c/litre)

Plus daily $50 draws, and a weekly $1,000 draw...and they are cheaper than their competition.

Just filled '97 Accord and '97 Aerostar, with a total of about thirty gallons, at 2.69/gal.
Accord did 32.6 mpg (on PZ yellow bottle 10W-40!), while van did 19.7 mpg on Meijer house brand 5W-30 syn

It's up to $3.01 today at the local ARCO station for regular unleaded. The Chevron stations typically charge an additional $0.20 to that.

Would someone please invent a liquid fuel that's made from grass clippings!
tongue.gif

How often do prices change at your local stations? Here in Toronto, our prices change almost every single morning! To be more precise, if the stock market is open, the price changes that very next morning. The price change is always a direct reflection of how gasoline did on the NYMEX the previous day. For example, yesterday the price of gas on the NYMEX dropped by 3 cents per gallon, and this morning our prices changed from $3.66 per gallon yesterday to $3.63 today! There are some independants that charge less or more, but 99% of all the gas stations in Toronto and the surrounding suburbs are priced at 96.0 cents per liter today ($3.63/gallon)

We used to have our prices drop every single day by 10 cents per liter from the morning price to the evening price, due to intense competition, but now they only change the price once per day, at midnight. There is some serious collusion going on in Toronto, without a doubt. There is no other way to explain why 99% of the stations have the exact same price every single day, and how they all shift to that price almost precisely at midnight too.

Stoking an old thread, gas here in Buffalo went up 10 cents about overnight. From $2.91 to $3.01, and now even higher. Some places are still selling at a mere $2.999 per gallon.

fall colors are here, thanksgiving,christmas and new years coming so thats the reason it's going up i think.$90+ a barrel is there excuse but i think it is to take advantage of holiday travelers

Quote:

.....Guess gas is still too cheap!

Agreed. Personally, I cant wait until it hits $5.00/gal.

The only way to get most Americans to change their wasteful habits is to hit them in the wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back