ZINC or MOLY...which is best???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't damage O2 or cats at all or at a fast rate as long as the motor isn't using oil. If it uses oil then that is true, but many people report no issues after 100k of HDEO useage on modern cars. I still have not tried it myself though but the HM oils do have more additives in them than say a "energy conserving" SM-rated 10w30 and I use them so far so good (but my motor doesn't burn a lot of oil)

Originally Posted By: FastSUV
Won't damage O2 or cats at all or at a fast rate as long as the motor isn't using oil.

This is a misnomer. Many believe that if you are not burning oil you are not harming the cats. Even if you don't burn oil you can still harm the cats with excessive Phos.

Originally Posted By: deven
Originally Posted By: FastSUV
Won't damage O2 or cats at all or at a fast rate as long as the motor isn't using oil.

This is a misnomer. Many believe that if you are not burning oil you are not harming the cats. Even if you don't burn oil you can still harm the cats with excessive Phos.

well i have been leary and have only stepped up to HM oils & not HDEO but there sure are a lot of folks doing it...people with 100k plus on their cats & O2's with no issues...but again, EVERY vehicle & specific case is different...I don't do it but just wanted to point out the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back