Zerex recommendation chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using a 50/50 mixture of Havoline Dex-Cool and distilled water in my 1993 Civic since 05/28/99. It has worked great.

Originally Posted By: TxGreaseMonkey
I've been using a 50/50 mixture of Havoline Dex-Cool and distilled water in my 1993 Civic since 05/28/99. It has worked great.

Uh oh. Posts like yours are anathema to the Dexcool haters on this forum.

Interesting.

I had the Prestone Dex-Cool in my 1991 Prelude for 2 1/2 years. Turned into a brown mess and took 3 Prestone Radiator Cleaner flushes to get most the sludge out. I refilled with Zerex G-05 and no more problems now for 5 yrs. I'm just [censored] can't find the Zerex in the stores around here anymore.

Originally Posted By: kreigle

Interesting.

I had the Prestone Dex-Cool in my 1991 Prelude for 2 1/2 years. Turned into a brown mess and took 3 Prestone Radiator Cleaner flushes to get most the sludge out. I refilled with Zerex G-05 and no more problems now for 5 yrs. I'm just [censored] can't find the Zerex in the stores around here anymore.

NAPA carries it, so do Chrysler and Ford dealers. But Walmart seems to only carry the Prestone All Makes All Models. Also you could go to Peak Global.

Originally Posted By: Donald

NAPA carries it...

as does Carquest. In these parts, NAPA was about five bucks less, ~$10-11/gal net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back