Zerex Hybrid Vehicle Antifreeze

Seems to be a departure from Zerex's "vehicle-specific" mantra.

1703390211021.jpg

SPECS

• Advanced formulation engineered specifically for the demands of hybrid vehicles
  • Maximizes electrical performance while managing increased electric demands
  • Optimizes heat transfer through silicate-free formulation to minimize channel blockage while preventing harmful corrosion and battery component wear
  • Guaranteed for the life of your vehicle

Marketing but you need to use the correct coolant in hybrids. My hybrid has two coolant systems, one for the engine and one for the hybrid system, each having their own overflow tank. Using plain water or the wrong coolant in the hybrid cooling side can be more conductive and ruin the inverter.

Marketing but you need to use the correct coolant in hybrids. My hybrid has two coolant systems, one for the engine and one for the hybrid system, each having their own overflow tank. Using plain water or the wrong coolant in the hybrid cooling side can be more conductive and ruin the inverter.
This product is specifically marketed to address the HV equipment concerns.

Ive experienced that prius systems work a bit cooler (lesser pump speeds) with peak global coolant or final charge coolant. Dont know why, maybe it has higher latent heat properties.. no idea.

Valvoline is no longer the same company we knew a few years back. Just like Fram or Wix.

So maybe all hybrid battery coolants are generic, or maybe this is just the OAT of that world - it will mix, but not quite the same. Way past my pay grade.

Valvoline is no longer the same company we knew a few years back. Just like Fram or Wix.

So maybe all hybrid battery coolants are generic, or maybe this is just the OAT of that world - it will mix, but not quite the same. Way past my pay grade.
Its more to do with customers rather than the product, customers want to “see” and “hear” all the correct buzzwords before deciding on something.

And that something should have social media fluff too.

The G40 mix is made right here in the USA (Fabricado)and carries a stout list of approvals.

My accord hybrid has two separate systems, but uses Honda blue for both. I would expect we will see different chemistries as more 800v-class vehicles start going through their lifecycles and manufacturers find what issues they may.

Back