Zerex American & Zerex G05

I don't know why coolant needs to be so complicated. My head hurts right now. I *may* have used Zerex American and Zerex G05 in the same vehicle, but I am not 100% sure. If I am understanding correctly, these two coolants are incompatible together? What exactly happens when these mix? I've read around here a bit and it appears that cooling system corrosion could increase. Should I flush this system out if there is any doubt?

I vote to go back to old school green. Hard to mess that up lol

Thanks!

G05 is close enough to Peak Global Lifetime, which is widely regarded for a universal coolant.

Mixing American Dex-cool and G05 isn't as bad as mixing green and Dexcool. How long has the mix been in the car? :unsure:

If you want to use only one coolant for every car, you could use Peak 10x or PGL.

First off, what car and will it ever be touched by a quick lube or a chain shop?

I’m running Prestone Cor-Guard AMAM in an older Ford for that reason, a quick lube will do the oil changes on it. Old school green and OATs don’t mix.

I ended up flushing everything out just to be on the safe side. Sucked it down, drained it, blew out the heater core and hoses to get as much out as I could. I then used the flush machine and refilled with actual correct Mopar coolant. I prefer to use premix because I don't trust the water quality at the shop, and the Mopar stuff was only $10 a gallon. Seemed like a no brainer.

Back