YouTubeTV and loss of ESPN (Disney) channels

The little guy just can't win. A few years back the skinny streaming bundles were born and cord cutting became all the rage. But with the big players like Google and Disney involved the consumer is NOT going to win. From what I can gather Disney has asked for a substantial price increase of its channels for YouTubeTV. YouTubeTV has chosen to pull Disney content rather than pay the price. As a result, unhappy consumers wanting to watch bowl games, college basketball, etc. are likely to leave YouTube's service for competitors like Hulu Live (which is owned by Disney and who has just announced a price increase-surprise). Big money wheeling and dealing, and as usual, consumers are left holding the bag. Stuck between Google and Disney is not the best place for ordinary people looking for a bargain.

Best thing you can do is leave Disney altogether and leave them to wither on the vine, instead of getting fat on many many income dollars.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but, in my opinion, unless you are a teen or younger, when Disney used to be a magical and whimsical thing, good riddance.
It isn't that simple anymore. Disney owns ABC, ESPN, FX, National Geographic and some smaller network channels on the YouTube TV streaming platform. These channels represent a major portion of cable and streaming viewership and revenue stream...especially the ESPN conglomerate.

It isn't that simple anymore. Disney owns ABC, ESPN, FX, National Geographic and some smaller network channels on the YouTube TV streaming platform. These channels represent a major portion of cable and streaming viewership and revenue stream...especially the ESPN conglomerate.
I hear you, but, check this out, Pull the plug. Watch Netflix exclusively. Use over the air for local sports.

True, it is easy to just pay the money, but ESPN appears to be targeting a certain crowd so let them pay it..

I am considering getting a jailbroken Firestick and actually using my TV which I have not used in some years, even then, I'm not sure what I would get out of it. Ok, so, now I'm watching shows..?? When?? I'm busy.

I hear you, but, check this out, Pull the plug. Watch Netflix exclusively. Use over the air for local sports.

True, it is easy to just pay the money, but ESPN appears to be targeting a certain crowd so let them pay it..

I am considering getting a jailbroken Firestick and actually using my TV which I have not used in some years, even then, I'm not sure what I would get out of it. Ok, so, now I'm watching shows..?? When?? I'm busy.
What does a jailbroken firestick do that a normal one doesn't?

What does a jailbroken firestick do that a normal one doesn't?
No idea, something about it doesnt cost anything if not tied to an account.. I will be putting my TV in the backseat of my car after Christmas travel but I have a feeling either regular or special Firestick is the only way I'll use it.

I am showing my age, I dont even know how you jailbreak one.

This is nothing new this has been going on with traditional cable/sat providers for years. Google probably doesn't make much money on the service itself but it feeds its ad business. Plus rumor has it that Disney wants to spin off espn and different parts of its business so this is likely a way for them to look more profitable.

Consumers are not left holding anything. Youtube TV, Disney, Hulu, etc. are all off of people's disposable income. Nobody is making anyone subscribe to anything. Here's the price, take it or leave it. Your choice.

Angry over Disney?! Life’s a bit short to put any energy or negative thoughts into media.
What we should really be angry about is when Youtube TV reinstated the Disney-owned channels they just dumped them back into the guide at the bottom and they were all turned off and they weren't visible. So I had to spend 20 mins reinserting them into the exact right place in my custom guide.

Life IS so hard sometimes...

TV today mostly stinks IMO!! i could do without + have "turned off" for 6 months in the summer when using direct TV + never missed it, BUT i love my internet for a variety of great info some true others not so much as most sources are owned by big pharma etc + they control what they want you to see + hear with a few exceptions, censorship at an all time high!!

Back