Your neighborhood grocery store

OK, it can go like this:
1) There is no one, single formula for Italian seasoning despite what the spice packager has printed on the label.
2) Marjoram, I believe, is a member of the mint family. It is found in many "Italian Seasonings" and Herbs de Provence mixtures.
edit: I thought at least one person would ask what color crayon blue cheese tastes like.

Oregano and marjoram are in the mint family but at least to me neither one has a minty taste or smell. I guess that's why nobody calls marjoram and oregano mint. Now you done it. I want oregano flavored gum,

Last edited:
Love cilantro, use it in almost everything. Key ingredient in Salsas and Pico de Gallo. ;)
how-to-make-5-minutes-salsa-3-480x270.jpg

pico-de-gallo-1.jpg

Dairy can certainly aggravate inflammation of the sinuses. I avoid dairy whenever I get sinus problems. When I start suffering from inflammation I stick to mostly ant-inflammatory foods: Dark leafy greens, broccoli, fish, garlic, chili peppers, horseradish, fruit turmeric, Indian food. If you are on aspirin, make sure you are not allergic to it. It often causes sinusitis. If you drink wine, keep in mind that sulfites can trigger sinus problems. There is sulfite-free wine.

Last edited:
I have a small, craft cheese shop just down the street from me. Really cool shop, making their own cheeses as well on top of carrying a bunch of fantastic local and domestic/import cheeses.

I have 4 choices within walking distance - Lucky, Safeway, Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s. On Saturdays, there’s an excellent farmer’s market.
And if I want to drive a bit and wait in crowds, Berkeley Bowl. But there’s an great spice shop and a pretty good wine shop in my neighborhood and seeing how my city is known for food deserts, the bodegas are decently stocks.

Back