Your FINAL though on Quaker State oil line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember during the clear bottle era that some of the quarts on the shelf were a darker color than others, even when they were the same oil and same weight, such as two quarts of QS TorquePower 5w-30 for instance. Wonder if it was the UV exposure and that the lighter color bottles were on the shelf for less time.

Originally Posted By: cheesepuffs
I remember during the clear bottle era that some of the quarts on the shelf were a darker color than others, even when they were the same oil and same weight, such as two quarts of QS TorquePower 5w-30 for instance. Wonder if it was the UV exposure and that the lighter color bottles were on the shelf for less time.

This was exactly what I observed when stocking shelves at the time.

Originally Posted By: pscholte
These conversations are what keeps BITOG going but I am waiting to hear of a DOCUMENTED case where a major oil brand was the key contributor to engine failure and where there were no engineering weaknesses, the recommended oil was used and it was purely oil failure I would use Quaker State in a heartbeat.

Exactly ... Just like I would use Pennzoil, Formula Shell, Castrol, Valvoline/NAPA, Chevron Supreme/Havoline, Peak, etc, in a heartbeat.

Qsud 10w30 is one fine oil. Its in my ford 4.6 right now.
My ford does not like it i guess as it does not consume it like beer!
Low mrv and ccs values. I am sold on it.
Need more rebates.

Originally Posted By: jongies3
Probably not going to be around much longer, at least no more than QSGB that is. I spoke to some Shell representavis that came by work awhile back and they claimed that Shell and SOPUS are going to be axing everything from the QS line except QSGB and then going over to Pennzoil and axing PYB and keeping the synthetics. So that way you will get exclusively synthetic oils and (likely) syn blends from Pennzoil, and then conventionals and (likely) conventional high mileage offerings from Quaker State.

I don't know how much truth there is to all this, but I guess we'll be finding out eventually. I personally haven't ran any QS products in my vehicles before so can't speak for their performance abilities.
Hi jonies3 - we're happy to report your intel is NOT correct. Quaker State does not plan on discontinuing any products in the Quaker State lineup. In fact, late last year we began producing new all-green packaging for the entire lineup. -The Quaker State Team

I would certainly consider trying it again once I see the dexos1 Gen 2 logo on QSUD jugs.
Curious to see how much calcium it has left at that point!

Nancy Salazar

QSUD lineup has the potential to be the mother of all lineups if you would highlight your low noack numbers.

Please what is the noack for qsud 10w30 and qsud 5w20.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: NancySalazar
In fact, late last year we began producing new all-green packaging for the entire lineup. -The Quaker State Team

The Pennzoil all yellow and Quaker State all green packaging are amongst the worst marketing / branding decisions I've seen in a long time.

Seeing them in person in store is bemusing and sends you immediately looking for another brand.

Out of the two, Pennzoil is worse.

Originally Posted By: merconvvv
yup i dont think there is a 10w30 out there that has better ccs mrv noack and mpg than qsud 10w30 !!!

Yup...And the 200+ PPM of Moly makes all the difference. HTHS will be around 3.0 for QSUD and near 3.5 for the Pennzoil High Mileage 10w30 and both should be pretty shear stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back