Your favorite non-OEM halogen headlight bulb?

What service life are you guy’s getting from Silverstar Ultra ?
My H11’s are a year old and that’s about all I used to get from the standard Silverstar …

(they double as DRL, maybe that’s stepped down wattage?)
Well, it’s a year so decided to change the H11 Ultra bulbs today … Next time I will research more and order … but the Silverstar line is at AZ … They are decent … could be whiter …
Any H11’s bulbs folks are excited about … ?

I changed out my HB3/9005 bulbs for Philips HIR1 bulbs. Trimmed one tab and installed without a problem. Cheaper than dodgy LEDs and keeps the correct optics. Besides the one tab the connector is identical, the bulbs even have a mark to show where to trim. I'm not sure if that is for us or they just use the same base and that mark is for manufacturing.

The stock bulbs on the Cruze (Sylvania 9005SL+) are some of the worst bulbs I've seen. For a "Super Luminance" bulb these things suck.

Well, it’s a year so decided to change the H11 Ultra bulbs today … Next time I will research more and order … but the Silverstar line is at AZ … They are decent … could be whiter …
Any H11’s bulbs folks are excited about … ?
I’m horrifically late here… You could use H9’s, but they require some careful trimming of the bulb and I wouldn’t use them if they double as DRL’s as H9’s as they have a shorter lifespan than H11.

And to answer your even older question… it depends. Some vehicles run half voltage, others use PWM.

I have h11 in my 2021 hrv. I use the Philips x treme vision bulb. It is brighter then OEM and does not have all that blue tint crap on the bulb...It has just a small ring of it near the top of the bulb.

Back