Your Favorite Car Companies Emblem

Far and away the best, for me, is the Visconti-Serpente... ALFA-Romeo. The emblem recounts the Visconti family of Milan (red cross on a white background, the family's emblem) - principal financiers-/sponsors-, and the serpent has in its mouth - a Saracen, recounting the Crusades, the knights (that were sponsored) conquering the Saracens. Romeo refers to the company's first engineer, "ingeniere Romeo, Nicola".

ALFA is an acronym, and it stands for Anonima Lombarda Fabrica Automobili, which I believe means "publically-traded factory/manufacturer of automobiles in Lombardy (province).
Me too, there's a lot of good emblems especially like some of the vintage stuff but for in actual use today nothing touches Alfa Romeo in my world.

I'm not driving one yet but I can dream. :)

I know it's not a car emblem but I never will forget when I was like 7 years old my neighbor took me for a ride in his dumb truck, looking over the dash and seeing that bulldog stuck with me all these years.

Shutterstock_10521905l.jpg

Last edited:
This one looks better the bigger and brighter it is. I wish this picture had better lighting but here it is.

It looks better on the back of a clean shiny car.

DSCN6868_8d300a9d-6f75-4ad3-b5c7-a50c9b188909.jpeg

Here is one that I only recently became aware of. It is the Lamborghini emblem from the Miura S (model that pre-dated the Countach). I love the away the horns and tail of the bull are captured in the badge design.

Lamborghini Mura S embem.jpg

As a kid, I got a kick out of it. Anymore, indifferent to all of them

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Back