you pick my next oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
3k? A Napa Silver (made by Wix) usually on sale for about 3 bucks. Motorcrafts are awesome but very hard to find for GM applications and the GM ones are not "S" series filters anyway which is where Motorcrafts really shine.

Tough Guards are the bomb but a waste at only 3k IMO. Since your truck takes the PF52, that also means the orange can PH3980 will work. The PH3980 is one of the best made orange cans available and is a favorite of mine on our remaining Chevy.

Here's one of my PH3980's.

And a look at the same application one of the Napa Silvers I initially suggested.

ACDelco is an excellent filter if you get the non e-core version at O'Reilly or Autozone.

Walmart with have the e-core version; stay away from that.

Walmart doesn't have ecore anymore they killed it ,it look the same but if you check inside the core is metal.acdelco still have some but I haven't been able to find my size ,basicly they add a letter to the usual number you would use

For 3K just run a Fram orange can (Extra Guard) ... not too many people actually cut them open and post here.

Originally Posted By: Arctic388
just ordered 2 of the microgreen filters.

Cool.

Let us know how they work out.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Originally Posted By: Arctic388
just ordered 2 of the microgreen filters.

Cool.

Let us know how they work out.

They might have come down in price. someone said $15 each, ordering 2. ... I like the parallel-path design, something you can get on long-haul trucks too from Donaldson I think. Anyway, no oil gets bypassed and just dumped right back into the sump, it all goes through, full-flow, its just that the 3micron filtration "cookie" shaped element flows a small percent of the total flow so that you depend on going a few hundred miles before the oil is scrubbed completely of the tiny 2-10 micron range stuff. Maybe we should call the fleet operators who use this to extend their oil changes to find out their real-world experiences.

New guy here with first post.

Frame tough guard has worked well for 185K, but then things started going south shortly thereafter. Currently at 208K and exploring UOA as to whether I should shoot my truck or try to repair it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back