Yokohama Geolander any good?

I see Walmart has Yokohama Geolander tires for $189 on their website.

Are these tires any good?

I'm looking for my 2005 Grand Cherokee, with stock 17 inch wheels. I occasionally use forest roads in 4wheel drive and have to deal with rain, snow/ice in winter on paved highway mountain roads.

Also looking at Goodyear Wrangler, General Grabber and Firestone Winterforce (which I previously had on my Jeep).

EM

Last edited:
Check tirerack.com ratings. I believe the Geolander is pretty highly rated but could be mixing up tires. The ratings will tell you.

I liked them.
Have them on a 4x4 V8 Pathfinder (yes they made some V8s, not many, but they did, mine is 5.6L, a 2008).
They are AT and Mountain peak Snowflake rated.
Not used offroad really, just dirt roads and some appalachian snow storms on dirt roads, w/ a foot of snow.

In my particular size at least, they are H rated which is very rare for an AT tire and was a selling point for me (I figure stronger internal carcass for a H rated tire, vs an S or T rated one, among other things, plus this is my hiway SUV)

"Geolander" isn't enough info, as they have several different models in that brand line.

I recently got the aggressive M/T G003 tires. I like them.

"Geolander" isn't enough info, as they have several different models in that brand line.

I recently got the aggressive M/T G003 tires. I like them.
I was going to say - the set of Geolandar I/T G072 winter tires I put on my old Escape around 2010 were pretty good, but I don't think that's what the OP is asking about.

I have them on my F150, so far they've work well, dry, wet, snow, dirt, all with no complaints. I'm not saying they're an aggressive off road tire though.

For around another hundred bucks, you could get Michelin Cross Climate 2s which I thought was the better tire when looking at new shoes for our Forester.
Still, the GO15 has very good reviews and should work well for you and the price does seem reasonable.

The yoko g015 is an excellent tire. In general I find the brand to be more precisely made with few vibrations and less balancing weight than what I usually see. Even the g015 is smooth as glass on the interstate. they are good in the rain as long as they have weight over them.

I also own the Michelin CC2, as mentioned above. Hands down the best wet weather tire I’ve known, but they give up some lateral grip, and are also a little noisier with general road rumble than the yokohamas. If wet grip is an issue, the CC2s win hands down. If you are a sportier driver, go with the Yokohamas.

I have the G015's on my f150. Was reccomended them by my local mom and pop tire store. They are a great tire, handle good in the snow and rain. Will be buying them again.

I had the Geolander A/T's on my '99 GMC Sierra 4WD. I didn't do any hardcore offroading here in Florida, just muddy fields and dirt roads. I was very pleased with them for both on and off road. Treadwear was great. Of course I can't comment on how they are in the snow. The guy I sold the truck to is still running them.

Back