YB vs. Maxlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know both are top notch. Just wondering if there would be an advantage to the blend in my climat? Our temp range is from low teens to upper ninties. I've noticed Ashland has muddied the water a little on their MSDS. Looks like no more PAO??

Well for one, MaxLife is a HM oil with extra detergents and seal swell additives to help older vehicles run cleaner and better. It is also a synthetic blend, unless you are referring to the full synthetic MaxLife. This oil is known to eliminate and minimize slow leaks and reduce oil consumption.

YB is a top notch conventional oil.

If your vehicle has consumption or leak issues,use MaxLife.

If you don't fall into the above category, YB will make your vehicle happy.

Last edited:
Most of my cars are older cars with the exception of my "new" '93 F150 with a 351W so I'm looking at the heavier weights. 10W40/20w50. Right now I'm running GC in the ford and 5w50 in the '84 volvo. Also have an older farm truck and a '64 falcon. Those two will probaly end up with VR1.

I change the two daily drivers every 5,000 miles and the other two once a year as they don't see many miles. Just think the syn is a little more than I need. Price is not an issue as an oil change is less than a tank of gas and goes a lot farther. Just have that BITOG bug. May not change anything.

Spartuss,
The PAO reference was to maxlife being 12 - 22% PAO.

Last edited:
Just use Maxlife and rest assured it is an above-average oil.

And if you get the jugs at WalMart, they are only a couple bucks more than regular YB.

I just wrote about this in another post, Both are great oil. Pennzoil has excellent cold pour properties for a dino, but with youre climate, either would be great. I think It'd be a toss up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back