Yamalube FCW New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'd like to get the straight scoop on this oil and the new rating from the experts.

1) Is the new FCW rating based upon new oil technologies or is this just a plot to put some distance between Aftermarket (Mobile 1, penzoil syn) oils.

Here is what Yamalube says about their oil.

Yamalube 4-M surpasses Yamaha factory requirements, with a superior formulation:
A higher level of bearing protection ... Superior rust and corrosion resistance ... Polymers that resist breaking down – even under the severe high load, high speed conditions common to outboards, water vehicles and sport boats ... More anti-wear additives than regular passenger car motor oils ... And the highest amount of detergents and dispersants, needed to keep your marine engine clean inside.

2) How do they ofer a better level of bearing protection ?

3) What polymers does yamalube use that Mobile one doesn't ?

4) what and ay what levels does this oil have anti wear additives ? Do they really have more anto wear additives.

5) Who makes their oil and what are the actual specifaction and chemical makeup of the oil.

I don't like these comapines (Yamaha and Mercury)making claims yet keeping what in the oil a secret. I'd like to know specically what makes you oil so different and better. I don't see any patents associated with their oils so it must be common in other oils.

Thanks for reading this post and for your feedback.

Kid

The M and some of the other new oils (mercury and omc fict I believe) have eliminated or reduced the additives that may foul cat convertors, and possibly add show up in water quality testing. Some of the new generation DI two cycles are coming with emmision controls, same as cars today so the same thing is happening with the oils. The replacement additive of choice seems to be loads of moly. Another trend coming is 100:1 (arggg), fict has a new twocycle oil to use it they recalibrate your pump and ijectoin with a laptop. Use 1/2 the oil but oil is twice the price, a wash, but they say it runs with less if no visable smoke. Wonder how it staores at 100:1? would be my concern. Anyway from what I've read about the new oils, the testing they have undergone is greater than any done before, so I wouldn't be afraid of them.

Ha, Ha, Kanada kid, I caught you on this one!!!!

You would never guess on your own who this is on the othe forum you are having a ball on with this question, So I will give you a clue.

LD, Bassin' Fever
pat.gif

PS, You are never going to get a staight answer over there.
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back