Yamaha generator oil

Picking up a brand new eu3000iseb this week. What’s everybody using for oil in these?

I have a Yamaha f40 outboard that I use the yamalube synthetic 5w30 FC-W in. I was wondering if this would be a Good oil for the generator too? It will be used a lot in cold temps while we power the ice fishing shack with it.

Or is there another yamalube I should go with? The dealer doesn’t give me much confidence. So I’m not going by what he says. Lol. They just had the best deal on one of these so I bought from them.

Thanks!

What oil does the owners manual recommend? The Owners manual is a treasure chest of information.

Last edited:
Read manual online. It Shows “yamalube 4”10w30 Or SAE 10w30 SE OR SF.

but I will be using this in some pretty cold conditions, which was my thoughts for the 5w30 synthetic yamalube. Also, I have plenty of it as I buy for my outboard already. Just wasn’t sure the marine type oil to be different/suitable?

What’s the real difference of fc-w oil? Any negative effects from using it in a generator? Would it provide any advantage? Only asking as I have plenty of it. And will be changing it way more often than called for.

Picking up a brand new eu3000iseb this week. What’s everybody using for oil in these?

I have a Yamaha f40 outboard that I use the yamalube synthetic 5w30 FC-W in. I was wondering if this would be a Good oil for the generator too? It will be used a lot in cold temps while we power the ice fishing shack with it.

Or is there another yamalube I should go with? The dealer doesn’t give me much confidence. So I’m not going by what he says. Lol. They just had the best deal on one of these so I bought from them.

Thanks!
I’d wait for the new EU3200i.

I did see that one is releasing soon. But I decided to go with the Yamaha Ef3000iseb mainly because it’s a unchanged design for years now. Yamaha is famous for that. If it works and is reliable, they leave it alone. On top of that, the deal I was offered one that I couldn’t resist.

You can use a 5W-30 High Mileage synthetic oil. That'll cover the range of temps you'll be operating in and being synthetic it should help minimize usage of the oil. Also being a high mileage oil should make it a bit more robust.

I have that genset and its been fantastic - if a bit heavy.

I run something 0-10W-30 in the cold and 0w-40 when its hot out.

Thanks. I am actually considering these 2 options, as I have both one hand here, that use for my Yamaha Outboard, and my mowers, blowers:

1. Yama-lube FC-W synthetic 5w30 outboard oil.

2. Amsoil synthetic small engine 5w30, 10w30.

Either of these should be fine too right? I don't know the difference in FC-W vs "normal oil"

I'd use 0-40w synthetic in it since you need subzero starting. This way your covered for all the temps. you will see.
It's what I use in my SkiDoo's and all my cold weather small engines.
No way my BS gen sets could pull over fast enough to start below 0 with any more than a 0 bottom number oil.

I have the non-boost version of this genset. It’s been quite happy on 10-30 synthetic, usually penzoil platinum. No issues hot or cold.

Back