XM Sat Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they send you an email 30 days in advance of charging your credit card for renewal, then giving you the option to cancel the renewal, then they have no class.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Unless they send you an email 30 days in advance of charging your credit card for renewal, then giving you the option to cancel the renewal, then they have no class.

You don't get a warming email before auto-renewal but they make it very clear up front that they do auto-renew so I don't have a priblem with that. When you call to cancel, they will first offer 1/2 price service. If you still want to cancel they pull out all the stops and offer whatever they can to keep you signed up. I've been doing the 1/2 price deal for the last 4 years but with the recent price increases I decided it just wasn't worth it for my truck as I don't drive it that much. They offered 1/2 price, then a new free portable receiver with annual service, and finally 3 months of completely free service if I would go monthly instead of annual. I accepted the 3 months and will cancel after that. One funny thing is that they won't let you cancel service from the website. They require you to call CS so they can talk you into staying.

I let them talk me into staying since I listen to the radio quite a bit while in the car. I'm in the car for about an hour of the day most days and sometimes longer, so it's worth it to me to have what I like at the press of a button no matter where I may go.

I had it for a while, like several years, then they decided that my credit card wasn't working for them (funny, it worked fine at the grocery store and gas pump). So I dropped them. The headunit in the car was starting to get old anyhow; the screen was washing out.

I liked it, price was ok ($13/month IIRC) but in the end I wound up listening to only 3 stations or so. Maybe in a few more I'll get another subscription.

I was kinda bummed about not being able to listen in the house. I never did get the second antenna set up properly. Not about to pay for two subscriptions, so perhaps I won't rejoin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back