XADO Transmission additive?

Did anyone used this product in their transmission?
I have a small whine noise in my Toyota U151F transmission. In the past Toyota extended the warranty for that. I bought the car second hand and the previous owner didn't do anything about that extended warranty, he just let it lapse and traded in the car.
I want to keep it from advancing, so I researched about newer nano technology additives. And this caught my attention:

Atomic metal conditioner for automatic transmissions. Contains Revitalizant®.
...treatment the Revitalizant® forms a ceramic-metal coating on the surfaces of friction metal parts of the automatic transmission (gears, bearings, distributors), thus modifying operating surfaces and compensating the ongoing wear of parts.

Last edited:
There are lots of threads and posts on Xado but mostly for engine oil additives, you may wish to read them.

Whenever I see “revitalize” or “condition” in regards to metal surfaces and especially when it is “multifunctional” I run away as fast as I can. Maybe that’s just the chemist in me, I don’t know. Their website is like a bunch of nonsense with no actual data to back anything up which is typical. Why you would believe any of that I’m not sure.

Dis anyone used this product in their transmission?
I have a small whine noise in my Toyota U151F transmission. In the past Toyota extended the warranty for that. I bought the car second hand and the previous owner didn't do anything about that extended warranty, he just let it lapse and traded in the car.
I want to keep it from advancing, so I researched about newer nano technology additives. And this caught my attention:

...treatment the Revitalizant® forms a ceramic-metal coating on the surfaces of friction metal parts of the automatic transmission (gears, bearings, distributors), thus modifying operating surfaces and compensating the ongoing wear of parts.
If I were to use an additive in an automatic transmission in hopes to fix an issue, the only additive I would trust is Lubegard. The additive you linked to looks like classic snake oil.

The "snake oil" doesn't bother me. It's not a gazillion $ to lose... Heck, 0W16 oil is a good example of snake oil (Balckstone testing revealed same results as 0W20, right down to the viscosity at 100°C) and people still buys it.

It would bother me if it would do harm on long term. I don't want for example any chlorinated or Teflon based additives.

Nano metallic oxides are used in may products today, without being necessarily "snake oil". They are not chemically reacting with the base oil.
I am just not sure if this product is indeed what it claims to be.

The "snake oil" doesn't bother me. It's not a gazillion $ to lose... Heck, 0W16 oil is a good example of snake oil (Balckstone testing revealed same results as 0W20, right down to the viscosity at 100°C) and people still buys it.

It would bother me if it would do harm on long term. I don't want for example any chlorinated or Teflon based additives.

Nano metallic oxides are used in may products today, without being necessarily "snake oil". They are not chemically reacting with the base oil.
I am just not sure if this product is indeed what it claims to be.
Then I'd go with the tried and true. Just look at the following LG has here, and on other forums. Like I said this one looks like classic snake oil. I wouldn't want to be testing it, or guessing what it may or may not contain. Either way good luck.

The above transmission internal differential has a small whine at low speed. It's so well known that Toyota extended the warranty up to 10 years on those. I bought the car used, and inside the owner manual there is the letter from Toyota that was stating that. However, the previous owner didn't do anything about that and when that supplemental warranty was out, he just traded in the car.
I bought it a month later.

you are ASUMING wrongly changing oil properties can fix the whine noise.
you need to know more about what is causing the noise.

if may not have anything to do with oil or friction or could be worsened with a additve?

No additive is going to put metal back on a part where it has been worn off and quiet a whine.

Like I said, this doesn't change anything in the oil properties. As for not putting metal back, true. It puts ceramic.
This is what I saw:

Did anyone used this product in their transmission?

What year and model is this, there are a few TSB about whine. I would not use that snake oil in any transmission, you cannot "revitalize" metal with whizbang in a can, period end of story. If anything I would do a line off exchange and a filter job with some Lubeguard red if you want to use an additive, it will clean up varnish that may be in there.

Back