XADO Metal conditioner TURBO?

I take that back and apologize, this particular one has not been discussed as far as I know.

What do you think of their website description?

I'm not yay or nay just see what you fellows think

This is from a university study (below)

'Although fullerenes did not significantly change antifrictional properties of the base lubricant, they improve wear resistance of surfaces and have a strong advantage over already known antiwear additives such as graphite powder or dithiophosphoric acid zinc salts — fullerene are soluble in oil. This advantage is a result of fullerene ability to be dissolved in mineral oils'

TURBO said:
...Due to wear compensation it allows realizing the concept of antiwear friction and in-place repair of units and mechanisms...

Here we go again with the physically impossible mechanical and tribological situations with some marketing jargon thrown in.

Run!

Well it's "TURBO" so it has to be better than non-turbo right?

Was this product featured on an old episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

No love for XADO... MK this isn't about your post, just to make sure 😜
There is tribological reality and there is Marketing hype, with the latter aimed at the young married guy who can least afford something he does not need or fully understand.

Last edited:
There is tribological reality and there is Marketing hype, with the latter aimed at the young married guy who can least afford something he does not need or fully understand.
I was more interested in the anti wear benefits of the fullerenes especially in comparison to and in combination with zinc etc as I have seen them in some oil and oil products before. I'm not going to use this product.

'Although fullerenes did not significantly change antifrictional properties of the base lubricant, they improve wear resistance of surfaces and have a strong advantage over already known antiwear additives such as graphite powder or dithiophosphoric acid zinc salts — fullerene are soluble in oil. This advantage is a result of fullerene ability to be dissolved in mineral oils'

Last edited:
Back