wrong tires type :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
A lot of people end up running pmetric 2 ply all terrains off road.
Some Load Range C & D LT tires are 2 ply. Load Range E tires are usually 3 ply (as far as I know) except the 1 ply steel cord Michelin XPS tires.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Some Load Range C & D LT tires are 2 ply. Load Range E tires are usually 3 ply (as far as I know) except the 1 ply steel cord Michelin XPS tires.

I'm going to disagree with that. I think all LT's (LR C, D, and E) are all 2 ply polyester sidewall, with some exceptions, one of them being the steel body plies used by Michelin Bridgestone, and others.

Besides, I don't think that matters much how many plies on in the sidewall. What matters is how strong they are and whether there is enough rubber over top of the ply(s) to slow down penetrations and abrasion damage. (Note: Once an object has penetrated to the body ply, the tire isn't long for use.)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Err...what? Are you now claiming that a punctured truck tire should not be repaired?! SERIOUSLY?

It seems he was referring to sidewalls... seriously.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Err...what? Are you now claiming that a punctured truck tire should not be repaired?! SERIOUSLY?

Uh ...... I guess you were was referring to this:

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
.....(Note: Once an object has penetrated to the body ply, the tire isn't long for use.)

And, like mrsilver said, I was referring to the sidewall. If you'd like to know more of why the sidewall is treated differently that the tread area, let me know.

For future reference: It's a good idea to quote what you are responding to. Context can be very helpful.

just back from 1200 miles round trip, 50PSI all around, no air lost , run perfectly fine, I think the front right is way hotter then 3 other after long freeway drive. 80-90mph 2-3 hours run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back