Wrangler...w/ Manual Windows

Good to a see a real 2 door Wrangler instead of all those 4 door mall crawlers around here. I'm all for retro, but I wouldn't buy any car that I'm ordering from scratch, without power windows. I'll leave out the radio over PWs.
Mall crawlers based on the number of doors ? … my JLU Rubicon is very capable off-road … heading for the peninsula today

Mall crawlers based on the number of doors ? … my JLU Rubicon is very capable off-road … heading for the peninsula today
Around here, most 4-door Wranglers are driven by soccer moms and used to drop kids off to school and go shopping. I know they are capable but about the only time they get off a paved road is at the farmers market gravel parking lot.

Around here, most 4-door Wranglers are driven by soccer moms and used to drop kids off to school and go shopping. I know they are capable but about the only time they get off a paved road is at the farmers market gravel parking lot.
We do lots of short trips to town in the JLU … even the 4 door turns on a dime in parking lots etc …
We also flood in this part of the world … Jeep got even more popular after Harvey … mine is factory rated for 30” of water … but I prefer to cross about half that on purpose (it’s saltwater sometimes) …

So cool! Love the color, the wheels and the configuration. Your bride specifically wanting a 6MT is awesome too.

The only wrangler I ever owned was a 1997 TJ, base model 2.5L 5MT, hard top that was ordered with A/C. I bought it used in 1997 with 7K miles on it for $14700 iirc. Those were the days.

Good to a see a real 2 door Wrangler instead of all those 4 door mall crawlers around here. I'm all for retro, but I wouldn't buy any car that I'm ordering from scratch, without power windows. I'll leave out the radio over PWs.
I have a JK Rubicon, but I'm afraid to call it a real 2 door Wrangler. That might ruffle some feathers, however I do agree with you! ;)

Same here.many are lifted with other kids. Never been on the street except for parking in the dirt at the farmers market. Even worse are the 2wd wranglers...why? Just why?

My brother is big into Jeep’s and when a 4 door goes by that does that jeep wave he refuses to acknowledge because he says that isn’t a real keep, just a wannabe

Same here.many are lifted with other kids. Never been on the street except for parking in the dirt at the farmers market. Even worse are the 2wd wranglers...why? Just why?

The only 2wd Wranglers were a small number of 2007 JK's. That idea died quickly, as it should have.

Yep, I'm in 2 Jeep clubs that have hundreds of owners who go off road frequently. My Jeeps have been to Moab and Colorado several times, and all over the midwest and southeast. Too many places to list or even remember them all.

Reactions: 4WD
Wife's new toy arrived; Wrangler Sport 6 speed manual, manual lights and wind up windows. Only options are A/C and A/T tires. Knew I liked her :D 8 week wait.

Fun car, bit crude, but that adds to the fun. It is what it is.

Pro's
Its an open top Wrangler and there is nothing else like it new...
Ride isn't bad, a little hobby horse pitching, but not harsh
Top is about as simple as it can be, still fiddly
Interior material quality is much better than I expected
This car exists for things like beach permits
Transmission has a great feel, precise, short throws

Con's...irritants more than complaints
Feels caged in w/ the... beefy cage a modern necessity..lucky we can even have a new open 4 wheeler
Clutch is way too light w/ no feel...catering to the college girl crowd, they buy a lot of 'em
Reverse lockout is in a bad spot; right where your fingers wrap over the gear knob
Gauge illumination defaults to bright when you turn off car..maybe able to be changed, need to look into it

Summary; FUN

Have to remember it is her car and not go out and add my touches...but it needs fogs, E Codes....

View attachment 65358
View attachment 65359
Daughter ordered the 4 door sport in sarge green last month. Hasn't come in yet. Love that color of yours.

Mall crawlers based on the number of doors ?

I slipped on my way to the Mall.

YJFlopCapture.JPG

@wings&wheels If you and your wife ever get the urge to wheel, send me a PM and I'll forward some local club info.

There really isn't much in the way of legal off road recreation in our area, so joining a club is the way to go.

Back