Wow...when did Lucas UCL go up 2 bucks???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I have been out of the additive market for awhile but wanted to buy some of the Lucas to put through my VTX after having a tank of gas all winter in it (Stabil used)

What seems to be only a few months ago I have seen it go from 3.99 to 5.99?
shocked2.gif

Also Seafoam at Wally World go from 5.66 to almost 9 bucks??? What the &*^%$??
crazy2.gif

What did I miss?
21.gif

Goose
34.gif

if we all stop buying it the price will come down just like motor oil... when the price went up some stores had dust on their oil containers when the price came down a bit they sold more oil... Some of us went to a less expensive oil and found out through uoa's that they were just as good and better sometimes and stayed with the stuff

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
if we all stop buying it the price will come down just like motor oil... when the price went up some stores had dust on their oil containers when the price came down a bit they sold more oil... Some of us went to a less expensive oil and found out through uoa's that they were just as good and better sometimes and stayed with the stuff

Agreed.

I've seen the Seafoam price jump and drop a few times over the years. Even the cans of B12 have come up in the last year.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude

Fear and greed are the drivers of the market. People (fear) a shortage or price increase they stock up, business sees that, so they raise prices (greed). Pretty simple concept, but when people are out of work another fear kicks in. The fear of lost income, then they cut back on spending. When the greedy catch on, they fear lost income so they cut costs, and hope to stay alive. Once volume comes back to normal the greed kicks in, prices rise, and the cycle will probably repeat itself.

AD

Lucas UCL is a waste of money. I used to use it in a few of my cars and it caused issues. It also does not clean fuel injectors, like they say it does.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fito
Lucas UCL is a waste of money. I used to use it in a few of my cars and it caused issues. It also does not clean fuel injectors, like they say it does.

Just curious,what kind of issues did it cause you??

I'd like to know as well. Its mainly an upper cylinder lubricant and they come right out and say that.

I would never buy the small bottle of Lucas UCL.
The quart or larger is the only way.
But like others, I kinda quit using it and use MMO or 2 stroke oil.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2

I had 3 big bottles of that [censored] I threw out last month.

I dont think Lucas products are even average, mediocre at best.

You can see how their unimpressive oils performed on Amsoils site, on 3rd party tests.

Ive heard it called Hillbilly Lube, and Im now ashamed that I gave them my money, and you know about it.

Git er done......

I had 3 big bottles of that [censored] I threw out last month.

I dont think Lucas products are even average, mediocre at best.

You can see how their unimpressive oils performed on Amsoils site, on 3rd party tests.

Ive heard it called Hillbilly Lube, and Im now ashamed that I gave them my money, and you know about it.

Git er done......

I 100% agree, there. And if you don't have the extra $5 at least the quart-bottle, then just wait until you do. Those little skinny neck bottles are a waste. Well, maybe not a waste, but a huge ripoff compared to the prices of the larger quantity bottles. I know that's how the world turns, but the difference is astonishing.

But, I've had a big bottle of the stuff for awhile, keep forgetting to bring it with me when I put gas in my truck, so it's lasting even LONGER than normal. I always put a little tad in my lawnmower and a drop or two in the tiny tank on my 4-cycle weed eater.

If Seafoam has went up that much, that is crazy. I will not buy it until it's back down to the $6 mark.

Lucas UCL does what it claims. It works. A 2-stroke oil is practically the same. Some say it's even better. But, while most Lucas products are underpar, imo, according to their price, the UCL does work and do what it claims. It lubricates. It's good for fuel pumps and carburetors, imo, more than anything.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Buy MMO, better value. Only 3.50 for 32 ounces at Walmart.

+1

And as an added bonus, they didn't jack the prices up like everyone else is! That's a company worth supporting.

Lucas fuel treatment is way too expensive in the little bottles. Quarts are just barely acceptable. Gallon jugs are priced reasonably well, especially if you can get it on sale. And, its easy to refill their shot bottles or refill the squirtable quart containers using the gallon jug.

I've been doing a little better with Lucas vs. MMO for MPG. But MMO is definitely easier to find and much cheaper. Figuring out the correct dose of either take several tanks. Start low 1oz per 5 gallons and go up/down from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back